How do I download addons?

qpa

Hello I was playing around with the xenforo demo and wanted to see how to install plugins.

Unfortunately, when I try to download any plugins from the forum, it says, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Do I need to have an active xenforo license to download files there?

Do I just have to be a customer once, or do I need to keep renewing the license to access the addons?
I am 99.9% sure that anyone that has bought a license can access all parts of xenforo.com forever, as long as they own 1 license.

Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access can be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months.

I am 99.9% sure that anyone that has bought a license can access all parts of xenforo.com forever, as long as they own 1 license.

Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access can be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months.

So is there going to be an official response on this? That quote doesn't really say anything about the plugins forum. The plugin section could be considered support.

I don't think you can install plugins on the demo, anyway.

Dean = Official.

Once you have a license you can download from the forums here, no problem.

So is there going to be an official response on this? That quote doesn't really say anything about the plugins forum. The plugin section could be considered support.
I completely understand, that you want to completely understand. Problem is, the official information was moved around a bit, but here is what the business guy at xf.com had to say about it:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/reactivation-fee.4639/page-19#post-91519
We have made some changes to how license extensions will work and to the areas of access, in order that customers understand the intention to provide benefit. The reactivation is no longer applicable (at all). Those customers with a license, will be able to access licensed customer areas, irrespective of the license status (obviously this does not apply where license have been chargedback or the likes).

(Don't worry about the 're-activation fee' discussion, there is none, that was just an idea that was not implemented)

Or you could ask the business guy directly here: http://xenforo.com/contact/

Top Bottom