1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I download addons?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by qpa, Aug 12, 2011.

1. qpa

qpa Member

Hello I was playing around with the xenforo demo and wanted to see how to install plugins.

Unfortunately, when I try to download any plugins from the forum, it says, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Do I need to have an active xenforo license to download files there?
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

Yeah, need to be a customer.
  3. qpa

qpa Member

Do I just have to be a customer once, or do I need to keep renewing the license to access the addons?
  4. James

James Well-Known Member

Just be a customer once IIRC.
  5. qpa

qpa Member

Can I get an official response?
  6. James

James Well-Known Member

If Brogan has his quote alerts enabled he should be along soon to give you one :D
  7. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I am 99.9% sure that anyone that has bought a license can access all parts of xenforo.com forever, as long as they own 1 license.

Includes 12 months of ticket support and upgrades. Support and upgrade access can be extended for $40 for an additional 12 months.
  8. bottiger

bottiger Active Member

So is there going to be an official response on this? That quote doesn't really say anything about the plugins forum. The plugin section could be considered support.
  9. Floris

Floris Guest

I don't think you can install plugins on the demo, anyway.

Dean = Official.

Once you have a license you can download from the forums here, no problem.
  10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I completely understand, that you want to completely understand. Problem is, the official information was moved around a bit, but here is what the business guy at xf.com had to say about it:
    (Don't worry about the 're-activation fee' discussion, there is none, that was just an idea that was not implemented)

Or you could ask the business guy directly here: http://xenforo.com/contact/
    Floris likes this.