XF 2.1 Import external VB3.8 ...what importer do I download?

ZeroG

My newly installed XF says:
Import data
XenForo importers are now installed as a separate add-on, downloadable from your Customer area.
No importers are currently available.

Manual says:
Selecting an importer
You can start the import system by clicking on Import External Data, in the Tools section of the XenForo admin control panel.
On this page, you will be asked to choose an import source. The sources listed are grouped by the system into which they are designed to import.

Under tools there is no import external data.
In the customer area I see download importer but ..it is just numers ie: 1,2 3 with a dropdown with more numbers. I'm confused.

I want to import vb3.8 to my new install of XF. Please advise.

I now see that the dropdown is for importing older XenForo forums into your new forum.

So now it appears I need to know where I can download an importer that will import VB3.8 data.

Edit to add:
Thanks BeerForo .... slow but sure I'm inching my way along.

You don't need to download an importer, the importers are included with the install package.

ACP > Add-ons > Enable/Install Xenforo Importers 1.2.3

Then:

ACP > Tools > Import Data

Well, I mistakenly choose the VB 3.8 importer with blog ....even thought I knew I didn't have a blog. Got all the way to step 21 and failed since the pointer to the blog did not exist. oops. Wasted quite a few hours. Thought it would run overnight but a server maintenence message stopped it in it's tracks. At least it continued from where it left off ...then failed at step 21.

So now getting ready to start up again with a fresh restored master DB and I filled out all these columns but have a question:

Configure importer: vBulletin 3.7, 3.8 (Beta)
This importer is currently in beta and could contain bugs. It is recommended that you thoroughly test the import process before starting your final import.
Source database configuration
MySQL server
MySQL port
MySQL user name
MySQL password
MySQL database name
MySQL table prefix
Force character set
If you specify a character set in the config for the system you are importing, you should specify the same character set here.

No where does it ask where my VB forums software is that holds the smilies and logo I hope to be imported. Am I missing something or does that happen at the end of the DB import? Thanks.

Last edited:
You don't need to download an importer, the importers are included with the install package.

ACP > Add-ons > Enable/Install Xenforo Importers 1.2.3

Then:

ACP > Tools > Import Data

Actually not, but looks like he figured it out. :)

Fresh install:

Import data
XenForo importers are now installed as a separate add-on, downloadable from your Customer area.

Top Bottom