1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 How create forum in wordpress website?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by garry420, Sep 18, 2016.

1. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Please guide me on how to How create forum in wordpress website ?
    i want my forum to be http://www.healthwhoop.com/forum/
    I just logged in cpanel , now i don't know where to create folder(named forum) i.e. directory..

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use the file manager app in cPanel and create a new directory called 'forum'.

Then install XF there by uploading the zip archive and extracting on the server.

3. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Thnx for response here is what it looks like

upload_2016-9-18_21-32-25.png

Now should i create folder named forum here ?

4. garry420

garry420 Active Member

anyone ?

5. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

A lot of people regret putting their forum in /forum/ folder, because with xenforo you end up with the weird /forum/forums in the URL when you are looking at a forum. Something like /community/ works better which is what they do here.

garry420 likes this.
  6. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Thanks for guiding i will use "community" folder, but should i create folder in the location as in the screenshot to make it something like healthwhoop.com/community/ ?
    actually i am new to installing forum myself in the website.
    Tnx

7. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

create folder inside ftp and upload xenforo files inside that folder

garry420 likes this.
  8. garry420

garry420 Active Member

mate i m using file manager , please see screenshot and guide me , how to proceed..should i make folder in the given location (as in screenshot) and install xenforo inside that folder?

Tnx

9. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

It's really simple. Whatever the root of the domain you are wanting it in, THAT is where you create the directory. Nobody can tell you for sure where to create it as you have several domains apparently under your public_html directory and you haven't specified what domain you want them under.
    If it's the Healthwhoop.com one, then THAT is the directory you create the /community under.

garry420 likes this.
  10. ŽivaAkcija

all my domains have separate acc/ftp/cpanel etc...

11. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I have show whole pool of files showing up when i click on healthwhoop.com
    Now i just wanted to know should i create folder here ?

12. Tracy Perry

Which I clearly answered.
    If you are having a hard time understanding to create the folder for your XenForo install (name it whatever you want, but community is probably best) under the root of the domain you want to use, then I strongly suggest you engage the services of someone familiar with using cPanel and setting up multiple domains and installing scripts in a folder off of a domain root.

garry420 and ŽivaAkcija like this.
  13. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I have no problem in hiring but then how will i learn.

14. Tracy Perry

Suggestion.. see if they will a screen sharing utility (like TeamViewer) and then log remotely into your desktop to do the work. Then you can watch as they do it. Some people charge more if they have to do it that way as it's much slower (there's always questions that get asked that result in the process taking longer).

garry420 likes this.
  15. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Tnx mate, i think i will do as u say..

16. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Tried doing myself just now
    got this error
    upload_2016-9-19_11-17-54.png

anyone who can guide

17. ŽivaAkcija

https://xenforo.com/help/installation/ there is your answer

Code:
    Once the files are finished uploading, you must set permissions (or CHMOD) several places. This is necessary to ensure that XenForo can write to those parts of your server. You can usually do this with your FTP client.

In the set of files and directories you just uploaded, you will see 2 folders: data and internal_data.
        These two directories must be set to world writeable (CHMOD 0777) or give the IUSR_ Full Control in Windows.

garry420 likes this.
  18. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I have changed folder permission to 777 by right clicking on folder.

19. ŽivaAkcija

so install it.

garry420 likes this.
  20. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I see this screenshot when installing

upload_2016-9-19_11-45-49.png

should i begin installation or i need to do more things