XF 1.4 host doesn't allow connection

DRaver

Error:

Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: host doesn't allow connection - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Imap.php:109
Generiert durch: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 5 Minuten
Stapelverfolgung
#0 /var/www/my-site/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Imap.php(273): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Imap->connect('mail.my-site...', 25, false)
#1 /var/www/my-site/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(292): Zend_Mail_Storage_Imap->__construct(Array)
#2 /var/www/my-site/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /var/www/my-site/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999988079071, '')
#4 /var/www/my-site/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999988079071, '', false)
#5 /var/www/my-site/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /var/www/my-site/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
Benötigter Status
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://www.my-site.de/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(43) "/thema/eure-erfahrungen-mit-traumeel.19702/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

The data for the bouce mail ist correct. I can send mails to this adresse. Or is that another problem?

Is it a new VPS or something? I've seen some providers disable site out for the first week due to potential spammers signing up to send spam. Blocking I map connections outbound seems a little weird.

My error message, I have the same issue:
Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: host doesn't allow connection - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Imap.php:109
Generated By: Unknown Account, 43 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/html/library/Zend/Mail/Storage/Imap.php(273): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Imap->connect('smtp.gmail.com', 587, 'TLS')
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/EmailBounce.php(292): Zend_Mail_Storage_Imap->__construct(Array)
#2 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailBounce.php(19): XenForo_Model_EmailBounce->openBounceHandlerConnection()
#3 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(256): XenForo_Deferred_EmailBounce->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999990463257, '')
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(390): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999990463257, '', false)
#5 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(335): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /var/www/html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}
I thought first is related to Selinux, but it is not. @Mike, I set a Google apps account with specific password, as I use two-steps authentication. I can login fine to it and use the same account on other applications without issues.

Do I need to use smtp or imap.gmail.com:993? I cannot find anything related into documentation.

Last edited:
It happens if the IMAP server doesn't give the correct "OK" response. In the first example, I see what appears to be a reference to port 25 which is the SMTP port, not the IMAP port so that may be why. Similarly, Gmail's IMAP port is 993 so it's probably the same issue there.

So check the port.

It happens if the IMAP server doesn't give the correct "OK" response. In the first example, I see what appears to be a reference to port 25 which is the SMTP port, not the IMAP port so that may be why. Similarly, Gmail's IMAP port is 993 so it's probably the same issue there.

So check the port.

Thanks Mike. Ive been using port 26, so have asked my host what port number I should use for IMAP. Hopefully that will solve it. (y)

@DRaver - Hopefully Mike's post will help solve it for you as well.

Top Bottom