XF 2.1 Unsubscribe connection error: host doesn't allow connection - Timeout hangs whole webserver process for that time

i9hdkill

Hello,

we are using the new unsubscribe email handler. Or at least we are trying to use it.
These are our settings regarding this feature:

I tripple checked the connections details. Logged in via different e-mail clients, no login issues and the mail can receive emails, as there are already mails from some users.

But the xenforo task that does these checks, reports it cannot connect to the email inbox:
Screenshot from error:
Error:

While the forum is trying to connect, the whole webserver, apache in this case, hangs for 30 seconds and does not handle any requests.

We are using this email service provider for forum mails too, which works perfectly. Thats why I am wondering why he doesn't do its job.
But in mail settings for forums mail messages, there is an authentification select box where you can select no auth or password and username. This box is missing for email auto unsubscribe email section...

Anyway, the first is a bug, the connect attempt should no hang the whole server. The not connect issue is quite weird, don't think that this bug isn't unexplored for such a long time... But on the other side, I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Top Bottom