Home Page Builder for Xenforo

KC Riley

This is one of best feature of IPB, well minus other issues in the platform. Pages/Content allows admins to build a homepage within the forum app vs. having to use Wordpress or another CMS.

I think this would be great addition for XF 2.1. I don't see this as being a realistic expectation for the 2.0 release. A Xenforo Page Builder is a missing link in the platform. It would also make it easier for Skin devlopers to design custom homepages.

A lot XF users would love to ditch their CMS to create a fully interactive homepage right in Xenforo. I realize it's possible today with custom developement, it's also ridiculously expensive to get a developer to design a Xenforo based homepage.

Is there any interest in eventually adding a page builder to the Xenforo platform in the precieved future?

Upvote 20
I fully agree with this suggestion. Xenforo has a pages system built in and you can use a page as homepage, but the pages system is a little simple in my opinion. It needs to be more advanced.

This is one of best feature of IPB, well minus other issues in the platform. Pages/Content allows admins to build a homepage within the forum app vs. having to use Wordpress or another CMS.

I think this would be great addition for XF 2.1. I don't see this as being a realistic expectation for the 2.0 release. A Xenforo Page Builder is a missing link in the platform. It would also make it easier for Skin devlopers to design custom homepages.

A lot XF users would love to ditch their CMS to create a fully interactive homepage right in Xenforo. I realize it's possible today with custom developement, it's also ridiculously expensive to get a developer to design a Xenforo based homepage.

Is there any interest in eventually adding a page builder to the Xenforo platform in the precieved future?
@KC Riley Yeah, that's a great addition for future releases!

I use an html editor and style and design as needed.

A Page Builder does the same thing. It provides several drag and drop pre-designed blocks on a grid. Each block can be customized with HTML, PHP and CSS3.

A page builder offers the best of both worlds. It offers pre-built functionally for consistency and ease of use and customization for the coders and programmers.

A page builder would also offer new financial opportunities for devlopers who could design custom block and widget add-on's.

So why not use CTA Featured Threads & Portal? This does all that you are saying and if you need other specific widgets they can be requested.

That's still very simplistic. I want to replace Wordpress with a sophisticated integrated Xenforo based solution.

You have think a little more regarding duplicating Wordpress style functionality in a simple drag and drop builder. Really we're talking about a Xenforo CMS page builder.

Too many of the existing solutions are unattractive and are limited in functionality. They require a sloppy merger of mutiple add-on's that were not designed to work together. A page builder is like having an API that provides you with a standardized starting point to build pages.

A block based drag and drop page builder would create a standard where mupitle developers ideas and custom blocks could come together.

I want to build a homepage with microsites and a specialized classified ad application imbedded into the homepage.

I'd love to build that in Xenforo to provide a single interface for my members. Right now, I have to use Wordpress and a bridge app with mutiple interface between two different solutions.

A Xenforo Page Builder CMS is all about providing the best experience for my members. 99.9% of people using a website are not devlopers.

They are the one's I have to think about when planning and designing the site.

I use @Brogan's Featured Threads add-on as my homepage and, while it works just fine for me and my needs, I would agree that something a little more advanced and customizable and, most importantly, built-in would likely suit me better.

So, +1 like from me.

I use @Brogan's Featured Threads add-on as my homepage and, while it works just fine for me and my needs, I would agree that something a little more advanced and customizable and, most importantly, built-in would likely suit me better.

So, +1 like from me.

Things like that work for pushing existing content to a homepage. A Xenforo Page builder is aimed at admins that want to create orginal content on their homepages.

I would rather Xenforo build the CMS versus dropping 10k on a custom developer only to have them disappear and leave you holding the bag.

IPB has proven just how successful profitable a CMS can be. Pages can be puchased as a standalone to build custom Microsite. Pages is actually outselling IPB board.

Last edited:
BD Widget Framework. Lots of built in widgets and a lot of the top addons here have renderers built for that.

My goal is to build Microsites that could be standalone sites running on their own domain that would be linked back to the main Xenforo Forum.

Some advertisers are going to want to use their own domain names. I have to figure out a possible solution for them to easily bridge those Microsites back to the forum without requiring my a forum license for each Microsites to link back to the main forum.

i hate when someone post thread about option inside IPS or Vbulletin and compare it with Xenforo, then story goes in next perversion which is i consider to buy Xenforo if build those option, please stay on IPS or whatever you want, its so stupid.

Top Bottom