Is there a page builder?

Alexius

Is there a page builder, similar to IPS’s? I have a community that would need to show off separate divisions, and a page builder would be perfect for that

You can create a node-page and built something with widgets or custom code.

I recommend you to create a page and include a custom HTML page into it. If you want to hide the XF components like the footer etc you can do this with CSS!

There are some great Tailwind Page builders where you can export the HTML code

Or…
Yes, this one is the perfect solution, but it is even better when combining it with an external page builder and exporting the code, pasting it into the template of that resource you shared!

Here's a few addon's that might help:

Bassman has a few other addons that help with widgets. It's all stuff you can do on your on, but they can make it more convenient.

Ahh... the folks that have never experienced the joy of IPS Pages from an Admin's position. The nearest thing that XF has to it would be some of Bob's add-ons, and even they are limited when compared to it. Widgets, and simply HTML will never compare to the power of it. But by the same token, that power brought a level of complexity that most did not want to mess with.
Pages was one of the reasons I moved one of my XF sites over to IPS... well, that and the classifieds add-on that was available.

Ahh... the folks that have never experienced the joy of IPS Pages from an Admin's position. The nearest thing that XF has to it would be some of Bob's add-ons, and even they are limited when compared to it. Widgets, and simply HTML will never compare to the power of it. But by the same token, that power brought a level of complexity that most did not want to mess with.
Pages was one of the reasons I moved one of my XF sites over to IPS... well, that and the classifieds add-on that was available.
For the record, I have used it. But this is what we have to work with here. ;)

For the record, I have used it. But this is what we have to work with here. ;)
Yep...and that is the point I'm working on getting across. For those that are suggesting widgets, and "custom html"... they have most likely had no exposure to Pages and don't really grasp what it is capable of. It is uniquely powerful. Whenever I see someone asking if there is anything comparative to it in XF, I truthfully tell them no... because there isn't unless you were using it as a simple "widget page generator".
Those add-ons that somewhat can work are from Bob (AMS,ShowCase, Classifieds, Link Directory and a few others) are the nearest you can come to it.... and you have to buy one of each, whereas with Pages you can create multiple ones from one installation of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom