1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 History Toggle in Dropdown Menu

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by king8084, Dec 29, 2015.

1. king8084

king8084 Active Member

I'm attempting to alter template 'post' to display the show 'History' option (as well as the rest of the posting tools) in a dropdown menu. What I'm finding is that when moving History into the dropdown, the show/hide history toggle no longer functions (i.e., you click it and it doesn't do anything). Here's what I'm working with:

Code:
    <div class="privateControls">
         <span class="Popup">
              <a rel="Menu"></a>
              <div class="Menu postmoremenu">
              <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList postmorecontent">
             <xen:if is="{$post.edit_count} && {$post.canViewHistory}"><a href="{xen:link posts/history, $post}" class="item control history ToggleTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase history}</a></xen:if>
              </ul>
              </div>
         </span>
    </div>

original code was:
    Code:
    <div class="privateControls">
         <xen:if is="{$post.edit_count} && {$post.canViewHistory}"><a href="{xen:link posts/history, $post}" class="item control history ToggleTrigger"><span></span>{xen:phrase history}</a></xen:if>
    </div>

as mentioned, the rest of the post options function correctly, but 'History' is the only one giving me problems when housed in the dropdown..

...any suggestions would be helpful.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. king8084

king8084 Active Member

bump... thoughts?

3. king8084

king8084 Active Member

been playing with this a bit more, and it seems that the class of Menu (<div class="Menu postmoremenu">) is what's causing it to malfunction.
    I've also found that if changing the class from ToggleTrigger to ToggleTriggerAnchor, it will open the functionality in a new window...so it will work, but not seamlessly.

please assist. still trying to find a way to do this.

4. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

@king8084 have you done it? I was thinking the same thing and I found your thread.

king8084 likes this.
  5. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member