RM 1.2 Hide categories in add resource dropdown list

NinaMcI

Hi,

Users on my forum only have permission to add resources in 2 resource categories.

When they click on add resource, they have to select the category they wish to add the resource in.

Is it possible to hide all categories where they do not have permission to add resources so only the categories where they can add resources show up in the dropdown list?

Thanks for your help :)

The categories they can't add to should appear disabled. You could remove them by editing the resource_choose_category template, but you could end up with a slightly confusing situation since it may hide the parents of categories you can add to.

The categories they can't add to should appear disabled. You could remove them by editing the resource_choose_category template, but you could end up with a slightly confusing situation since it may hide the parents of categories you can add to.
Thanks for your reply. Could you explain how I would go about removing the categories they can't add to in the template resource_choose_category, please? I'd like to try it.
Thanks.

Top Bottom