I am moving a website that uses both WordPress 4.1.1 and Xenforo 1.2.7 to a new server. The main part of the site uses WordPress, but there is also a discussion forum that uses Xenforo. They are both part of the same domain. The site is Bridged by XenScript's XenForo to Wordpress Bridge. I am moving the entire site from its current server to a server (instance) on the Amazon Web Services with Bitnami. I am having a couple of problems.
This is what I've done so far.
1. The first thing I did was make a backup of the current live site's databases and files. I created a .sql backup of both the WordPress and Xenforo database, and a .tar backup of the files. I used PuTTY to create these backups.
2. I downloaded those backup files from step 1 to a flash drive, so that they would be ready to upload to the Amazon server. I also, separately, downloaded a copy of the wp-config.php file for WordPress and the config.php file for Xenforo. Those files will need to be edited later on, so I wanted to have a separate copy of them.
3. On the new Amazon server, I created a database for both WordPress and for Xenforo.
4. From my flash drive, I opened up the wp-config.php and config.php files and put in the new database and server details for the Amazon/Bitnami instance.
5. Next, I uploaded the .sql database files and the .tar file to the main directory of the Amazon server.
6. I ran the commands to restore the backups of the databases into the newly-created, empty databases. Then I ran the command to untar the backup of the files into the main web root directory.
7. I then uploaded my revised versions of the wp-config.php and config.php files to the Amazon server, replacing the old versions.
8. I then gave the uploads directory in WordPress 777 permissions.
I have not made any DNS changes yet, because I want to make sure the site is working on the new server before I do that.
The WordPress end of the site seems to be working decently okay on the Amazon server. There are some problems, but as this is the Xenforo support forum, I will ask the WordPress questions elsewhere. As far as the Xenforo part is concerned, I am getting an error message when trying to load that part of the site in my browser. The error message displayed in Chrome is "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later." The error message displayed in IE is:
"The website cannot display the page
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error."
Looking at what I've done in my eight steps above, have I missed something? How can I get the Xenforo part of the site to load?
Any help would me much appreciated. Thank you!