1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!!!!! Database issue on install.

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Peggy, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Well I guess you'd call it an installation. I messed up the previous database, so deleted it, then created a new database and uploaded the XF files again, overwriting the old ones.

When I go to myforum.com/install, I get a whole slew of db errors!

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'weheart_ourkids.xf_data_registry' doesn't exist
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line825
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.phpat line64
    6. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getFromDb()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.phpat line34
    7. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.phpat line570
    8. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
    9. call_user_func_array()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.phpat line752
    10. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.phpat line782
    11. XenForo_Application::get()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/User.phpat line666
    12. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Visitor.phpat line373
    13. XenForo_Visitor::setup()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.phpat line47
    14. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Controller.phpat line298
    15. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.phpat line309
    16. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
    17. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/weheart/public_html/community/install/index.phpat line17
    Can anyone help me with this?!?!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So this is essentially a brand new install as you have deleted and recreated the database and re-uploaded the files?
    Did you also delete any add-on files, if you had any installed?

It could be a caching error as it seems to be referencing a database table which hasn't yet been created as you haven't got to that step in the install process.

You could try restarting apache - that seems to solve quite a few problems when it comes to moving installations so it might also work here.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

NoI didn't delete any add-on files. I didn't delete any files at all, in fact.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Ok what can I do about that?

5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

This will happen if you try to run the installer while there is an install-lock.php file in the internal_data folder (because of the previous installation).

Delete internal_data/install-lock.php before you attempt a reinstallation.

Vodkaholic, Dean, Shelley and 2 others like this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

That did it. Thanks so much for your help Kier!