XF 1.0 Header Navigation

You will have noticed that our primary navigation to access different areas of XenForo is a system of tabs in the header. Underneath each tab is a set of quick links to jump to various pages that exist within that section.

Have you noticed though, that if you move your mouse over an inactive tab, an area highlights on the right of the tab, and if you click or hover over that area, the quick links from within that tab open up in a drop-down menu?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 20.15.29.webp
    Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 20.15.29.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,366
I am not terribly sure how the suggestions should be made exactly, and this thread is called Header Navigation...

I'll pop into that thread. Thanks for the link!

is there any way other than template edits to manipulate the menu?
perhaps something in the apc to add/remove, reorder, and so on? this is something ive been wanting for many years.
You will have noticed that our primary navigation to access different areas of XenForo is a system of tabs in the header. Underneath each tab is a set of quick links to jump to various pages that exist within that section.

Have you noticed though, that if you move your mouse over an inactive tab, an area highlights on the right of the tab, and if you click or hover over that area, the quick links from within that tab open up in a drop-down menu?

is there any way other than template edits to manipulate the menu?
perhaps something in the apc to add/remove, reorder, and so on? this is something ive been wanting for many years.
I don't think it will be there, at least not in version 1.0, as it can be easely accomplished by a template edit.
But that's just my opinion...

@ Kier/Mike;

Will we be able to mark a Node::Page as a [tab] So it could be the starting page of a section?

I have various reasons for this, but one being for example Product Documentation, so having a starting page as
Home | Forums | Documentation | Member ..
Would really help.

Where do I go to reorder the header navigation titles? Also, how do I change the titles of the navigation titles? For instance I want to add Digital to Events.

Top Bottom