XF 1.0 Header Navigation

You will have noticed that our primary navigation to access different areas of XenForo is a system of tabs in the header. Underneath each tab is a set of quick links to jump to various pages that exist within that section.

Have you noticed though, that if you move your mouse over an inactive tab, an area highlights on the right of the tab, and if you click or hover over that area, the quick links from within that tab open up in a drop-down menu?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 20.15.29.webp
    Screen shot 2010-07-31 at 20.15.29.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,366
I've made a demo video going through the new header navigation. Demonstrating the tabs, the links under them, and the little arrow-dropdown that auto shows when you hover over it. Saving you time and clicks. I've also paid attention to the ride side briefly, showing off the profile box, the conversation box and the alert box. These elements are all consistent in design, but have their own unique display of their content.

Worth browsing around through and finding out all the current possible options for the registered user.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693961/xf_header_navigation_demo.mov
(right click > save as .. and then open it with VLC, is what I recommend for playing this file)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

According to my moms boyfriend, this is probably the most usable forum system (other then older style newsgroups/Yahoo groups) he's ever used.

I agree with your moms boyfriend :). Although when it comes to the new menu... first I thought I didn't refresh my browser correctly... we have now more click/mouseover-behaviours then I am used to in other packages... but that's just my first impression. I am gonna give it more tries!

I've made a demo video going through the new header navigation.

Ah! Now I get it... your video of the benefits when it comes to 'What's New' explains to me clearly the pros of this system. Thank you once again for this learnful (<--- is this even an English word?) promotional video! Oh... and it nice to see my Avatar popup in your Inbox in the video. I am becoming famous! ;):D

Ah! Now I get it... your video of the benefits when it comes to 'What's New' explains to me clearly the pros of this system. Thank you once again for this learnful (<--- is this even an English word?) promotional video! Oh... and it nice to see my Avatar popup in your Inbox in the video. I am becoming famous! ;):D

Trust me, you're a known user in the forum community :)

not really, it's about 500 menus away. unless there's a mystery shortcut I've never found
You could always pin it to the Start Menu/Quick Launch, making it one or two clicks away... :P

(to keep on topic and because I haven't replied to this: The header navigation is pretty cool, as is a lot of stuff here! :D)

Would it be possible to have a single button to click on for 'Whats New" from the watched threads view?

When viewing a forum with a list of threads, or when viewing Whats New, both the Whats New and Watched Threads button show up. But when viewing the Watched Threads I need to use the drop down box from the Forums tab. It slows me down quite a bit.

?

Top Bottom