XF 1.2 Having Issues With Xenforo Paid Subcriptions system

XxUnkn0wnxX

ok i believe this is a problem with the paid subscription system but not 100% sure.

I will explain this in scenarios.

user 1 pays for 1 month vip subscription Reoccurring until canceled.

on the day of renewal user 1 has no money in his paypal or his bank. paypal then says we will wait 5 more days and try to renew the subscription (draw $5 five days later).

in the above scenario
now does xenforo cancel the subscription?
or
waits 5 more days to hear from pay pal? (in this time period is user 1 vip subscription taken away? or they have an extra 5 days for vip for free?)

i have this all set up automatically.

so xenforo and paypal do it all for me then me manually giving a user vip for set time.

now i have many emails from paypal saying waiting for 5 days to try again and many people are loosing there vip because of this. i want to know do they get there vip back if paypal successfully completes the transaction on the 5th day after the set renewal date? and does the renewal date auto change if it is successful on the 5th day.

because my current understanding is.

if payment is unsuccessful on the day of renewal. xenforo then removes the users vip benefits/cancels there subscription but the subscription is still active on my paypal. but not active on the xenforo site.

also if a users paypal account is suspended due to a failed payment 2nd try. can they buy vip again using that same paypal account? or do i have to manually un-suspend them on my paypal account?

Whenever the expiration date is hit and we haven't received confirmation of a payment, they'll be downgraded.

They should automatically be re-upgraded when it goes through, with period adjusted to run from whenever the payment comes through.

Whenever the expiration date is hit and we haven't received confirmation of a payment, they'll be downgraded.

They should automatically be re-upgraded when it goes through, with period adjusted to run from whenever the payment comes through.

so say user one purchases upgrade on the 28th of jan and there renewal date is on the 28th on feb.

and the automatic payment system fails renew there account on the 28th of feb they get downgraded. now is this like a cancel downgrade or a pause because paypal will try again 5 days later to renew it.

so if payment fails on the 28th of feb. and payment succeeds on the 2nd attempt which would be on the 5th of march would paypal send some kind of notification to my site saying user has succeeded to pay and then my site auto re upgrade him to that same subscription with the new renewal date?

i know i am asking a lot of questions i just want to fully understand how the system acts to every possible situation.

and also can you please answer this question as well:

if a user fails to pay on the 2nd time paypal tries to renew there subscription there account on paypal gets suspended does this mean there subscription is permanently canceled on my site?

and if a user who has a suspended paypal account under my payee list on my paypal, can this user upgrade to vip again? or do i have to unsuspend there account from my paypal payee list?

so if payment fails on the 28th of feb. and payment succeeds on the 2nd attempt which would be on the 5th of march would paypal send some kind of notification to my site saying user has succeeded to pay and then my site auto re upgrade him to that same subscription with the new renewal date?
That should be correct (looking at the code). They would be upgraded until the 5th of April. Their next payment would still come out on PayPal's schedule, but it would simply add 1 month (so 5th of May).

if a user fails to pay on the 2nd time paypal tries to renew there subscription there account on paypal gets suspended does this mean there subscription is permanently canceled on my site?

and if a user who has a suspended paypal account under my payee list on my paypal, can this user upgrade to vip again? or do i have to unsuspend there account from my paypal payee list?
Provided you're getting the money (through the XF system), I don't see why PayPal wouldn't send us a callback. As long as we are told they paid by PayPal, it should upgrade them.

Top Bottom