HashTagging

HashTagging [Paid] 2.2.2

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I just tried run Cron manually and after a while got 500 error.
Code:
Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

@Daniel Hood it has been more than 24 hours and Hashtags are not updating under trending sidebar or at the page. When I run cron it gives me 500. Plus when you click on any hashtag all member see is empty box. And you seems to be ignoring all my posts.

@Daniel Hood it has been more than 24 hours and Hashtags are not updating under trending sidebar or at the page. When I run cron it gives me 500. Plus when you click on any hashtag all member see is empty box. And you seems to be ignoring all my posts.

My apologies, for some reason I didn't get alerts for these posts except the one I was tagged in. May I see your forums?

@Daniel Hood is there a way to filter certain tags from showing? its adding the direct link to single post urls #post as a tag, when thats just part of the url

Looks promising. Any update with new features soon?

Those who uses this add-on: is this add-on producing many errors? I've read some problems few pages back.

current version is not ideal for big forums.. However, I believe @Daniel Hood is trying to get it fixed.
Thank you for answering.

It would be great to see auto tagging option too. When someone hashtag something than that word is in autotaging feature (search threads for same word and hashtag it). Support for Resource Manager would be great too.

Last edited:
Any time frame ?
Should be very soon.

It's not going to use a cron to compile the tags so the tagged content will appear instantly instead of on an X minute delay.

It's going to recognize more content types (post, profile post, and resource manager updates to start), adding more will be easy.

A big benefit for big boards is that it doesn't compile the tagged content on installation, I'm going to be hooking into the search indexer so when you rebuild the index it will recompile all of your tagged content. Also when content is added to the index it's checked and added to the tagged content area.

This will require uninstalling the old version and installing version 2 fresh.

The price will be raised from $15 to $25. This won't effect existing licenses.

Should be very soon.

It's not going to use a cron to compile the tags so the tagged content will appear instantly instead of on an X minute delay.

It's going to recognize more content types (post, profile post, and resource manager updates to start), adding more will be easy.

A big benefit for big boards is that it doesn't compile the tagged content on installation, I'm going to be hooking into the search indexer so when you rebuild the index it will recompile all of your tagged content. Also when content is added to the index it's checked and added to the tagged content area.

This will require uninstalling the old version and installing version 2 fresh.

The price will be raised from $15 to $25. This won't effect existing licenses.
sounds good. Can't wait !!!

Daniel Hood updated HashTagging with a new update entry:

Complete Recode

More Content
I've made it so that XenMods HashTagging doesn't have to only work with posts. It can easily work with any content type. By default it works with:
  • Resource Manager Resources & Updates
More Efficient
Instead of running on a cron and having your tag clouds and content delayed, everything runs through the search index so it's instant. In addition, it makes the initial install of the add on quicker. To compile your existing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this add-on support auto-tagging?

How much will this affect the site performance? I used to have some tagging system, but my site runs slower then.

Btw, I'm running my board on shared server.

What do you mean by auto tagging?

It should have no impact on performance now. That was the main point of the rewrite. I changed the entire system and how it compiles tags. Before it was very inefficient and now it shouldn't make any difference performance wise. It doesn't run on a cron either.

It piggy backs the search indexer. When content is inserted to the search index (as long as there is a content handler for it) it scans for hashtags and saves them. Much more efficient but does require a search index rebuild if you want your old content to show.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hashtagging-paid.55481/page-18#post-708207

If it will auto-tag words that are hashed, then I'll consider buying it.

I need some system which autotag words (that are saved as hashtag or something like that) when users publish new thread.

Example: someone publish a post with word "Name". The word name is hashtaged (or saved) so the system recognize it and make linked word of it (with link to certain hashtag).

Sorry, I don't know how to explain it well.

Back
Top Bottom