1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HashTagging 2.1.3a

Allow your users to hashtag similar to facebook and twitter

Tags:
  1. Xon
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    php 5.4+
    License:
    https://atelieraphelion.com/products/license-agreement
    Updates Duration:
    12 months ($10 yearly renewal)
    Visible Branding:
    Yes, but removable with payment
    Update (2016 May 28th):
    @Xon has taken over this @Daniel Hood's add-on. This product is now available for purchase again. For more information read this thread.

xF HashTagging

Want your #forums to recognize #hashtags as twiter and facebook do? This addon allows your users to hashtag posts and renders links that open the hash cloud with the 10 most recent posts containing the same tag.

Some people think that hashtags can get in the way of the readability of a post, to combat that we provide the option to not show the # so it reads just like a normal #post with #words as links.

When a link is clicked, instead of navigating away from the current thread or page they're on, an overlay will pop up showing all relevant posts (with the thread title and time they were posted).

Watching Tags

If a member has an interest in a specific tag, they can "watch" that tag similarly to how you can watch threads/forums. When they elect to watch a tag, they'll be prompted to select the content types they want to watch and they'll receive an alert whenever that tag is used within those content types.

Cloud.png Watch.png

Admin Options

Minimum tag length: control how long a hashtag has to be in order to be recognized. The default is 3, so #be wouldn't be picked up, but #new would, so would #somethinglonger.

Display hash character: if you want to hide the # symbol just disable this. This will help maintain readability (in some people's opinion).

Branding policy: You may remove the "Powered By XenMods HashTags" link if the relevant optional extra is purchased during checkout.

Cloud.png

Installation

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or [#] Install and Upgrade to install this addon.
    UnitySoft, Steve F, Fuhrmann and 12 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Bugfix update
  2. Bugfix update
  3. Bugfix update

Recent Reviews

1. Sunka
    Sunka
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.1
    In my opinion one of the best addon available on XenForo. Even with thread tags integrated into default Xenforo installation, hashtags don't loose on relevance because you can not use tags into posts. This addon has great potential, and under Xon's development hammer, I am not afraid to put my hand into fire to say that this addon will be better and better.
    #KeepOnXon ;)
  2. macroforum
    macroforum
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0 Beta 4
    It's beautiful and useful addon, great support! Thanks Daniel! :)
  3. Alex__
    Alex__
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0 Beta 4
    gets better and better with every update, also awesome support!
    1. Xon
      Author's Response
      Thank you. :)
  4. Case
    Case
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0
    Great add-on that adds the popular "hashtagging" feature seen in social media. Updates coming all the time and good support from the developer.
    1. Xon
      Author's Response
      Make sure you get v2, it's a lot better now.
  5. Inkman
    Inkman
    5/5,
    Version: RC 2.0
    Works perfect and the author is really helpful...
    1. Xon
      Author's Response
      Thanks. Version 2 works even better. A lot more efficient.
  6. Alex__
    Alex__
    5/5,
    Version: RC 1.0
    Pretty cool!
    I like it very much and my members too :)
    1. Xon
      Author's Response
      Glad you and your community are enjoying it.