Has Tachy reached Coventry yet...??

Tachy ran a rival site to mine way back when (don't ask which) and used to frequently lead raiding parties in to my forums to fill them with rubbish. Banning him didn't work, he just registered new accounts, so I needed a way to stop his c*** filling up the forums without him noticing. Hence the feature was born. The 'goes to Coventry' epithet comes from an English expression you can look up on Wikipedia.

O
Tachy ran a rival site to mine way back when (don't ask which) and used to frequently lead raiding parties in to my forums to fill them with rubbish. Banning him didn't work, he just registered new accounts, so I needed a way to stop his c*** filling up the forums without him noticing. Hence the feature was born. The 'goes to Coventry' epithet comes from an English expression you can look up on Wikipedia.
OH Yeah i remember when that happened.

I guess the lesson here is: Don't ever challenge a programmer on their own site? :p

Tachy had a relatively common name, so it's quite difficult to track down exactly what he's doing now. The last I really heard of him, he had a page up stating:

'The purpose of this site is to show good artwork and also to piss off half the planet.'

Right so Kier's to blame for this! Once had a member on one of my forums complaining that no one took any notice of him on the forums he previously posted at, which I put down to said member being overtly boring and obnoxious, we banned him but really wished our forum product had the Coventry feature. Did take time out to contact the other mod and ask how he got his members to ignore a member, hence found out about Coventry, simply an excellent idea for those irritating gits who keep re-joining after being banned. So is Xen getting this feature?

Id love to use it more, but there are several problems with it that tip the user off

1. threads dont bump to the top when they reply

2. when they start a thread, other users can see its there but not the actual post, and usually say something

3. if they have a lot of posts in one thread, there will be empty pages at the end of it

i found about this feature in vB rather late. found miserable user to be a better alternative. you still have to clean the mess left behind by the disgruntled member. but the concept is very nice!

Top Bottom