Has Tachy reached Coventry yet...??

It was a nice idea, but it didn't work with trolls on our forums. They expected replies to their posts so they knew very soon they were invisible and just registered new accounts. So I'd rather see alternatives in XF tbh.

(A well developed proxy blocking system would be a good step in the right direction).

I remember hearing of a mod that just made it very difficult for the user. It created unusually long load times and generally just made every aspect of the site navigation slow and unpleasant for the user. It was quite effective if I remember right.

We sent one user to Coventry for at least a year on the "big board"...it took him that long to realize something was up, as he was posting some really edgy posts and the moderators weren't doing anything about it. He finally posted something that would have gotten him banned, and nothing was done again...and he figured it out. We all had a good laugh at his antics, then finally banned him permanently. :D

We sent one user to Coventry for at least a year on the "big board"...it took him that long to realize something was up, as he was posting some really edgy posts and the moderators weren't doing anything about it. He finally posted something that would have gotten him banned, and nothing was done again...and he figured it out. We all had a good laugh at his antics, then finally banned him permanently. :D

LOL, I can see how you are. I'm betting it would be fun to run a forum with you.

I never used the feature as I preferred to give the problem users a taste of their own medicine... They usually stopped fairly soon :D.

LOL, I can see how you are. I'm betting it would be fun to run a forum with you.

The story was a lot more involved than that. Short version is, the forum's owner wanted to keep this member around for whatever reason. WE finally got him to agree to let the moderators deal with it. So for kicks, let's send the guy on a little ol' trip to Coventry. This is the type of guy who would post, just to see who he'd set off (especially the staff). Well, it was quite funny over the months to see the stuff he'd post, knowing that nobody else would see them.

Well, given a certain company's love of claiming copyright of things, I'd expect to see a 'Banish to Middlesbrough' in XF.

Middlesbrough after all is the most depressing place in the UK apparently, even more so than Coventry.
If such a thing is implemented, may I suggest calling it "The Cardiff Dungeon"?

"What about me? I saw the Fall of Troy, World War V. I pushed boxes at the Boston Tea Party. Now I'm gonna die in a dungeon. In Cardiff!"
The Ninth Doctor, Series 1, Episode 3, The Unquiet Dead

Top Bottom