XF 1.5 Has anyone imported IPS 4.2 to XenForo?

Jake B.

The Importing help page mentions that IPS 4.0/4.1 is supported, but has no mention of 4.2. I wouldn't think that there would be many changes between 4.1 and 4.2 to the data that would prevent it from working, but just curious if anyone has tried it on 4.2 and if there are any known issues with it

I have and had issues with the usernames when they have certain chars and also with the fact that you've two names at IPS. Speaking about the forums, for other stuff included at IPS I had to create a custom importer.

I have and had issues with the usernames when they have certain chars and also with the fact that you've two names at IPS. Speaking about the forums, for other stuff included at IPS I had to create a custom importer.

I think that should be fine then, only trying to import the forums as far as I know. Will go ahead and give it a test then :)

No one going to actually report these bugs to us properly? :) Fixing the issues yourself is great, but if we're not made aware (via the proper channels), then it doesn't really help your fellow customers in the future who might not be as technically proficient.

No one going to actually report these bugs to us properly? :) Fixing the issues yourself is great, but if we're not made aware (via the proper channels), then it doesn't really help your fellow customers in the future who might not be as technically proficient.

Didn't really consider it a bug since the importer is for 4.0/4.1 and I'm importing 4.2, but can create a thread there instead :P

Top Bottom