1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has anyone imported SMF 1.0 not 2.0

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by nick sal, Nov 19, 2015.

1. nick sal

nick sal New Member

I plan to come over with my forum but currently run SMF 1.1.21. The importer says SMF 2.0, will 1.1.21 import for me still?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

No, it won't.

You should upgrade to SMF 2.0.x first.

3. nick sal

nick sal New Member

I was hoping to avoid that but thank you.

4. nick sal

nick sal New Member

one more quick question. If I import 2.0 over here. It won't affect my current site on SMF correct? I can basically be running that one while im ready to switch over. It just installs a copy onto here, then when im ready, I can import posts and such things from the initial import over to catchup to current date.

hope I explained that right.

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Not quite.

Yes, it's true, you can do a test import from SMF to XF while leaving your current board active. So, for example, you may want to set up a copy of your existing SMF site, upgrade that to SMF 2.0 and then import that into XenForo. You can then spend some time testing, getting familiar with XF etc.

However, when it comes to eventually completing the import, you will have to do it all again from the beginning into a clean XF install with no existing data. It is not possible to do a partial or incremental import.