XF 1.5 Has anyone imported from PHPBB 3.2.0 to XF 1.5.15 ? (Solved)

Donske

Has anyone imported from PHPBB 3.2.0 to XF 1.5.15 ? If you have, I am about to do this and might need help.

1) Do I need to revert back to default PHPPB style or can I leave the style I have now in place?
2) Does the import just copy the PHPBB database into the XF database ?
3) Both of my forums (PHPBB 3.2.0 and the XF lives now on the same server)
database names are shipsofs_newdb (PHPBB) and shipsofs_xenforo
4) Last question: I have created some nodes, users, etc....can't I just go to admin panel and remove all the nodes and test users instead of another fresh install ?
( I do not mind doing another fresh install, but just wondering)

As a side note, I have already tried this and entered the database credentials that the data is "coming from" and thought I had all the correct info. The XF page returned that it did not recognize any of the info I plugged in. Now that I remember, I forgot to put in the file path info.

I am willing to provide any extra info requested.

Last edited:
Ok, for the first real time - - - back to the drawing board. This is the response I got:
  • The table prefix or database name is not correct.
  • The attachments directory could not be found.
  • The avatars directory could not be found.
Yes, I have read the guidelines and will continue to read. I am wondering about the table prefix. I don't think I have a table prefix.
The only database names I have is shipsofs_newdb (db for PHPBB) and shipsofs_xenforo (db for XF)
I checked the avatar and file path and both are ok.
Since I did not know the Table Prefix, I just used the same shipsofs_newdb (db for PHPBB)
I might go back again and leave the Table Prefix blank.

importer_info.webp

The image paths are relative to the XF installation directory so unlikley to be what you have entered.

If you can't work out what the relative path is, use the absolute path.

Well, all the imports passed ! Wow. Now to rebuild the search index.
Yes, the absolute path had to be done for both. Also figured out the table prefix for PHPBB forum: it was phpbb_ is the way I entered it.

The search index passed fine. Took about 15 min. Great tool.
If there were anything I would like to have (and i might have overlooked it), is that i am not too fond of the thumbnails. I would have opted for full image importing and leave all thumbnails off. Just a personal pref.
Overall very satisfied.
If any one has any ideas about the full image import I would like to do it that way.
Donnie

Top Bottom