[HA] Notifications

[HA] Notifications 1.0.1

No permission to download
use style property of "Notification Timer" in "Style Properties: [HA] Notifications - General Properties" to make it stay longer.

Go to its dedicated style property and set the background color to: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0)
View attachment 149005
I did it and it made it transparent:
View attachment 149006

Ah what I mean is that you have it partially set to transparent not fully transparent. How do I set it so it's partially transparent?

How do I set it so it's partially transparent?
how is "Partially Transparent"? If you mean the level of Opacity, then in the color code of rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0), the "0.0" at the end is controlling it. For example set it to 0.1 to 0.9 and see which is the one you want (3 other 0 that is in the code is controlling the color)

and to make it easier, in the color picker, the field which is called "A" in the right, is controlling the opacity.

how is "Partially Transparent"? If you mean the level of Opacity, then in the color code of rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0), the "0.0" at the end is controlling it. For example set it to 0.1 to 0.9 and see which is the one you want (3 other 0 that is in the code is controlling the color)

and to make it easier, in the color picker, the field which is called "A" in the right, is controlling the opacity.

All set. Thank you.

Hi,
Currently, Its popup screen is the color of default theme (light blue). How can we make the color of notification popup screen adapt to the custom/commercial themes/styles ? i.e, the colour of commercial theme is green, but its popup colour is still light blue, can we make its color become green too ?
Thanks

Hi,
Currently, Its popup screen is the color of default theme (light blue). How can we make the color of notification popup screen adapt to the custom/commercial themes/styles ? i.e, the colour of commercial theme is green, but its popup colour is still light blue, can we make its color become green too ?
Thanks
Yes you can. Each design has its own Style Properties: https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/notifications-styleproperties-png.148722/

So, based on your choice in options of add-on (about the design) open the appropriate style properties group and then customize them as you need.

This looks very good @Dadparvar
The problem with notification addons like this (I used GFN Notify before) is that on a big board there can be a large number of alerts filling the screen for a long time. If there are 30 notifications, then a small screen will be unusable for 5 minutes. Unfortunately this causes such notification to be a annoyance instead of a nice touch to the site.

Please consider to add a limit on the number of notifications that display at a time.
Maybe pause the notifications after X alerts and then display the next batch after a Y seconds.

This looks very good @Dadparvar
The problem with notification addons like this (I used GFN Notify before) is that on a big board there can be a large number of alerts filling the screen for a long time. If there are 30 notifications, then a small screen will be unusable for 5 minutes. Unfortunately this causes such notification to be a annoyance instead of a nice touch to the site.

Please consider to add a limit on the number of notifications that display at a time.
Maybe pause the notifications after X alerts and then display the next batch after a Y seconds.
my main site is also in a way that each time that I check it, I see I got 10 - 20 notifications. But I solved in in this way:
  • setting a normal value for "Notification Timer" (8000 or 9000 is enough to read a long alert too. 10000 is OK in any case IMO)
  • setting a higher value for "Notification Interval" (3000 is good. although I use 2000)
In this way, 1 notification comes. then after 2 or 3 seconds the other one comes. and when the 3rd one is going to be hidden, the 4rth one come. This way, even if I get 100 notifications, I only will have 3 notifications together on screen.

• Howabout a mod to redesign the drop down that appears after creating a thread/other appearances. Typically says something like your thread has been created at the top.
  • Another one is a custom go to the top and bottom icon.

• Howabout a mod to redesign the drop down that appears after creating a thread/other appearances. Typically says something like your thread has been created at the top.
  • Another one is a custom go to the top and bottom icon.
Well, none of them is related to this add-on.

Even if it was, that wouldnt be good. Because the top bar comes just for 1.5 to 43 seconds and then the page refreshes. All of these 12 effects takes +2 second of intro effect and same for going. Then in between, few seconds to show the text. ...

Good addon. I don't know how the ordering is setup for style properties but your notification style props [HA]... are currently wedged between my UIX style properties which makes it a bit challenging. Your other addon doesn't do this so perhaps you should have a look.

Also any chance we can get a notification position option i.e. top left, top right, bottom left/right?

Thanks.
@Dadparvar

Also any chance we can get a notification position option i.e. top left, top right, bottom left/right?
There are multiple designs in this addon. And they are in different positions.

Good addon. I don't know how the ordering is setup for style properties but your notification style props [HA]... are currently wedged between my UIX style properties which makes it a bit challenging. Your other addon doesn't do this so perhaps you should have a look.
How you mean? My addons always have their own group so that you find things easily. Now what is wrong with this one?

There are multiple designs in this addon. And they are in different positions.

How you mean? My addons always have their own group so that you find things easily. Now what is wrong with this one?

See screenshot.

Attachments

• settings.webp
    settings.webp
    68.4 KB · Views: 9
See screenshot.
they are next to each other. and its good.

your problem is that because they are between [UI.X] ? that is because those are having same order number. (although that is not confusing and I'm not sure what is challenging about it, but anyway If I update the add-on, I'll set a high display number to move them to other places than where [UI.X]s are.)

they are next to each other. and its good.

your problem is that because they are between [UI.X] ? that is because those are having same order number. (although that is not confusing and I'm not sure what is challenging about it, but anyway If I update the add-on, I'll set a high display number to move them to other places than where [UI.X]s are.)

That's correct, they're breaking up the UIX ones. Not a major issue but confusing.

Getting this error with your notifications

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 365644 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:294

Keeps repeating every second.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 365644 bytes) - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:294

Can you send the whole error?
  • Notification is not working every second. Just when an alert is sent and received it will work. (maybe you are using a live update add-on like what Chris's ?)
  • Notification is not a heavy resource work. Its just showing alerts in different way.
I'm using Notification + Live Update in a large site and getting no error at all.

But if you give me more detail about errors you get, I'll take a look to see what is going on there.

Waiting for the errors to comeback then Ill update you. Can I truncate this table

dad_n_notify_notification

Filled with hashtags

200k rows. I assume that's the issue.

Update

Showing rows 0 - 24 (194369 total, Query took 0.0008 seconds.)

Going to truncate this and if the problem continues then Ill let you know but I'm pretty sure this was it. I didn't have access to the server until today so couldn't do this earlier.

Basically this problem is from server side
I need to see your php.ini
Add this line to Xenforo config.php file
PHP:
ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
Test it, let me know if Problem is gone

Top Bottom