[HA] CTA FT Layouts

[HA] CTA FT Layouts 1.2.6

No permission to download
@Dadparvar

If I feature a thread in CTA to show on my featured page and that thread shows an image which is hotlinked/embedded from Flickr, the image shows fine on that page.

However, if I do the same thing using your addon, no image shows at all unless I upload the image to my server, which because of copyright requires me to ask the member permission to upload their image.

Is there any way to make it so that your addon automatically shows the first image from the featured thread regardless of whether it is attached or hotlinked/embedded?

Thanks,
Amin

For reference, please see my featured page: https://www.nikoncafe.com/

@Dadparvar

If I feature a thread in CTA to show on my featured page and that thread shows an image which is hotlinked/embedded from Flickr, the image shows fine on that page.

However, if I do the same thing using your addon, no image shows at all unless I upload the image to my server, which because of copyright requires me to ask the member permission to upload their image.

Is there any way to make it so that your addon automatically shows the first image from the featured thread regardless of whether it is attached or hotlinked/embedded?

Thanks,
Amin

For reference, please see my featured page: https://www.nikoncafe.com/
that's right. That is the way it works now. But I'll come back withing next 4 or 5 hours to home and then will take a look at it.

If possible with good quality, then why not, I'll add it for the next version.

Having a problem with getting images to load on Masonry. I select an image to be featured with the thread but it only loads the grey default one.
Edit: UI.X framework

I uploaded a picture of what is shown even after selecting a picture.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.00.24 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 12.00.24 AM.webp
    18.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Having a problem with getting images to load on Masonry. I select an image to be featured with the thread but it only loads the grey default one.

May I have a URL to check it out? And if and admin access be provided, that would be great. (Via pm)

The problem is this option. you didn't have it activated.

I activated and now you can set any image or upload any image as icon.

Attachments

• i.webp
    i.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 18
Is there a setting for making all featured threads boxes the same size? It seems its dependent on icon size?
It should be same. If you are using the masonry, then its nature is to be in different sizes. But if you are using Grid View, it should work as you want.
Now, if you are using Grid View and you have problem with it having the same sizes, then let me know so that I take a look at your site to see what is wrong. I'll try to help you get what you want.

It should be same. If you are using the masonry, then its nature is to be in different sizes. But if you are using Grid View, it should work as you want.
Now, if you are using Grid View and you have problem with it having the same sizes, then let me know so that I take a look at your site to see what is wrong. I'll try to help you get what you want.

OK - it's Grid View, and not masonary.

Could it be that the ICON size is different?

edit: so it seems like attachement from post is doing something With the images, and sometimes it gets smaller then intended. But if I update the feature post With the same image its OK and they get same sizes on the Box.

Another question, is there a way to make the images not blurry? I dont even have the blurry option enabled.

Attachments

• 1507380751201.webp
    1507380751201.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OK - it's Grid View, and not masonary.

Could it be that the ICON size is different?

edit: so it seems like attachement from post is doing something With the images, and sometimes it gets smaller then intended. But if I update the feature post With the same image its OK and they get same sizes on the Box.

Another question, is there a way to make the images not blurry? I dont even have the blurry option enabled.
Sure. It should work well as you want. May I see your site to check what is exactly is being displayed and if possible, take a quick look at admin with a test admin account (if so, send it via pc) This way we can save the time and find the solution faster.

Hi @Dadparvar I can't find where to make changes to the Layout:Simple widget. I looked in both templates and style properties. I'd like to disable the posters avatar and what forum it was posted in.

Hi @Dadparvar I can't find where to make changes to the Layout:Simple widget. I looked in both templates and style properties. I'd like to disable the posters avatar and what forum it was posted in.
I think I didn't add any option for that. But:

add this to remove avatar from that widget:
Code:
.Dadparvar_ctaftlayouts_WidgetRenderer_CTAFT div div a img{
    display: none;
}

and use this one to remove the forum where posted:
Code:
.Dadparvar_ctaftlayouts_WidgetRenderer_CTAFT > div > div > div > a:nth-child(3){
    display: none;
}

let me know if it's something you want?

any way, you can open dad_ctaft_item_widget template and apply any changes you want easily. OR make a TM for this template for you changes (you can learn how to make TM for a template by tutorials posted by others here)

Hi @Dadparvar
any plans for extending this to XF2?
1540717888396.webp
I'd love something "simple" like the image as a portal for the forum:
  • option to select 6 different feed sources; each of them independently:
    • Block 1 = RSS from news (last published post at that forum)
    • Block 2 = RSS from Q&A forum
    • etc.
  • without pagination
  • option to add widgets or CTAs above (register now) or under (go to the forum list) with conditionals.
Guess it's quite different from the actual one.
Let me know if you have plans for this or I'll ask anywhere else :)
Thanks!

Hi @Dadparvar
any plans for extending this to XF2?
View attachment 186446
I'd love something "simple" like the image as a portal for the forum:
  • option to select 6 different feed sources; each of them independently:
    • Block 1 = RSS from news (last published post at that forum)
    • Block 2 = RSS from Q&A forum
    • etc.
  • without pagination
  • option to add widgets or CTAs above (register now) or under (go to the forum list) with conditionals.
Guess it's quite different from the actual one.
Let me know if you have plans for this or I'll ask anywhere else :)
Thanks!
I don't have plan to make a Portal for XF2, but I do have plan to make XF2 version of News Ticker (which I think gives you what you need)

Top Bottom