Guide to using Resource Manager

Ferdinand

Okay with the release of the new resource manager some users will need a guide on how they develop their own paid resources they can share via your site.

An alternative to this is the file could be uploaded to your sites server and the member who is sharing provides their paypal ID/button link to get paid.

Either way as it is most users will need a developers guide for creating new resources.

An alternative to this is the file could be uploaded to your sites server and the member who is sharing provides their paypal ID/button link to get paid.
That is what happens.

A user will provide a URL. This could be a PayPal donate link, a shopping cart link, a link to create a PM etc.

So could I have a Category for payments for services?
That is I write a description of the service and place a link to a paypal for the correct amount on that page?

So could I have a Category for payments for services?
That is I write a description of the service and place a link to a paypal for the correct amount on that page?

Correct.

Okay with the release of the new resource manager some users will need a guide on how they develop their own paid resources they can share via your site.

Considering there's going to be virtually unlimited uses for the Resource Manager, development of how you use it is limited only by your imagination. There really can't be a "one size fits all" guide on how to use it.

Considering there's going to be virtually unlimited uses for the Resource Manager, development of how you use it is limited only by your imagination. There really can't be a "one size fits all" guide on how to use it.

Thanks for your reply on my query Biker.

On a Manual for the RM I would hope Brogan will do us manual for the core features.
For the rest obviously we'll need a whole new forum for RM Creative! for sharing ideas and methods.

That is what happens.

A user will provide a URL. This could be a PayPal donate link, a shopping cart link, a link to create a PM etc.
Yes when you input the URL the file isn't uploaded/downloaded from the site where the RM is, if it was managed from your site you would be able to set pricing limits and take a percentage of each sale.

I think it will be interesting to see what people turn the RM into... I plan on using it to provide an advertisement services directory, so users can rate them, discuss directly with them on their service, and so forth.

I think it will be interesting to see what people turn the RM into... I plan on using it to provide an advertisement services directory, so users can rate them, discuss directly with them on their service, and so forth.
You're right, it will be interesting to see what people turn this into ;) . I have a couple ideas floating through my head, here's hoping they'll both work, but we'll see.

Top Bottom