1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to using Resource Manager

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Ferdinand, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

Okay with the release of the new resource manager some users will need a guide on how they develop their own paid resources they can share via your site.

An alternative to this is the file could be uploaded to your sites server and the member who is sharing provides their paypal ID/button link to get paid.

Either way as it is most users will need a developers guide for creating new resources.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That is what happens.

A user will provide a URL. This could be a PayPal donate link, a shopping cart link, a link to create a PM etc.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

So could I have a Category for payments for services?
    That is I write a description of the service and place a link to a paypal for the correct amount on that page?
  4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Considering there's going to be virtually unlimited uses for the Resource Manager, development of how you use it is limited only by your imagination. There really can't be a "one size fits all" guide on how to use it.
  5. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply on my query Biker.

On a Manual for the RM I would hope Brogan will do us manual for the core features.
    For the rest obviously we'll need a whole new forum for RM Creative! for sharing ideas and methods.
  6. Ferdinand

Ferdinand Active Member

Yes when you input the URL the file isn't uploaded/downloaded from the site where the RM is, if it was managed from your site you would be able to set pricing limits and take a percentage of each sale.
  7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It would require an add-on to make that possible.
  8. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I think it will be interesting to see what people turn the RM into... I plan on using it to provide an advertisement services directory, so users can rate them, discuss directly with them on their service, and so forth.
    twhiting9275 likes this.
  9. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

You're right, it will be interesting to see what people turn this into ;) . I have a couple ideas floating through my head, here's hoping they'll both work, but we'll see.
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  10. Brad L

Brad L Well-Known Member

Will there be a need to have multiple RM installations paired to the same forum?
  11. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member