Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)
Hi,

Before using this plugin I had the default Xenforo guest posting enabled, and the orange "Post Thread..." button was displayed on the forum homepage to guests. With your plugin enabled there is no more "Post Thread..." button on the forum homepage for guests. Is there anyway I can get this to display again?

Thankyou!

We have updated the plugin to show the button if posting a thread by guests is enabled. Please update to the latest version and the button should appear automatically.

Thank you!

Any chance we can get an option to direct the user to the login/register page once they click the post thread/post reply button?

My users can be a little slow and honestly might miss the notification at the top of the screen.

Why hasn't this been implemented? The idea is to get the registration once they've made half the commitment already, gamblers mentality.

Once they have submitted the post, go immediately to the login/registration page. Failure to complete this results in deletion of the post(or any other way you wish to handle it)

Why hasn't this been implemented? The idea is to get the registration once they've made half the commitment already, gamblers mentality.

Once they have submitted the post, go immediately to the login/registration page. Failure to complete this results in deletion of the post(or any other way you wish to handle it)
This isn't a bad idea as an option. Me, I care less about the registration - and more about the data. So in my case, if the user is directed to a login form, especially if there's mention that their post won't go live without registering, then I could lose the data. But for most admins, I think the requested process would be fine...

Hello everyone,

We will work on this and release an update soon.

Also is there any metrics available for users who have converted into registered members this way?

Fo users who actually ended up registering there will be a record in the table xf_algp_guest_content with has_registered column being set to 1. if you have enabled the option "Keep Guest Content" the table will also contain rows for each thread/post that has been created but did not end up with registration. You can use this information to extract the conversion rate.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

New option: Immediate redirect to the registration and bug fixes

This release implements an option allowing admins to redirect guests directly to the registration page after the content was posted. We have also fixed some issues reported, like sending an email with a reminder to register and public the content posted even if the content was deleted by moderators and the option "Send reminder email in" being treated in minutes instead of hours.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
[URL...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Purchased! With that last part I think this really will help. Now, just to decide what to do with these posts when they don't register...

This plugin has been really good. The main reason I use it is so that guest posters can sign up with their email address so that they get reply notifications after posting their question. Otherwise they may never visit the site and will miss the answer to the question they posted. Once they have signed up there is also the chance that they will become regular posters.

I still get a lot of guest posters who never sign up even with this plugin enabled. The latest version now directs the guest straight to the sign up page so I hope to see more guest posters registering from now on!

This plugin has been really good. The main reason I use it is so that guest posters can sign up with their email address so that they get reply notifications after posting their question. Otherwise they may never visit the site and will miss the answer to the question they posted. Once they have signed up there is also the chance that they will become regular posters.

I still get a lot of guest posters who never sign up even with this plugin enabled. The latest version now directs the guest straight to the sign up page so I hope to see more guest posters registering from now on!
Please let me know what kind of difference that change makes in registrations I'm very curious.

I'm having trouble finding the new option in settings. And I haven't noticed any of the notification settings updated from hours to minutes...

The option is the same, it was just wrongly implemented in the code itself, instead of hours it was using minutes (so, if it was put to send a reminder in 24 hours, that would be sent out in 24 minutes). No changes are needed from your side.

Thank you!

The option is the same, it was just wrongly implemented in the code itself, instead of hours it was using minutes (so, if it was put to send a reminder in 24 hours, that would be sent out in 24 minutes). No changes are needed from your side.

Thank you!
Thank you. Is this the same for the automatic redirect to the registration page? Because I didn't see an option to enable that - and in my test after the upgrade, I wasn't take to the registration page...

Thank you. Is this the same for the automatic redirect to the registration page? Because I didn't see an option to enable that - and in my test after the upgrade, I wasn't take to the registration page...

No, that's a new option and is called "Immediate redirect to the registration". It should be in the options page. Please check the version of the plugin is 1.6.0 if you don't see the option.

Thank you!

One slightly confusing thing:

When quick registration is enabled along with redirect to registration immediately, then you 'register faster' with a social login.

At this point it says the reply has been posted and to follow the link to activate it. I don't think this is the best message, this will encourage them to leave the page they are currently on and go to their email.

Perhaps say: "To activate your post, please finish registering below." Or something like that.

Also, I had a custom addon created that will FORCE the xf_redirect to be honored, even during registration. It would be nice if you could set the user to be xf_redirected back to the thread where they just replied once the registration is completed.

Top Bottom