Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)
when you reply to a thread, it gives error "please enter a valid name" but I don't see a field to enter anything
jINi1Srl.png

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: Please enter a valid name message when posting as a guest with default pemissions to repl

The version fixes the bug reported regarding the cases, when the board has guest posting allowing using default XenForo permissions, e.g. "Post replies" and "Post new thread" permissions are activated for unregistered users, and guests trying to post would get "Please enter a valid name" message. If guests have permission to post in threads and posts the Guest Posting product is practically inactive, it does not handle the submission of posts anymore, but by mistake its template modification...

Read the rest of this update entry...

But still I get the same result in your demo site: https://xf2.addonslab.com/index.php?threads/test.170430/
Not running the latest version?

Thank you for the report. There was indeed a bug in the package we have released because of which it did not include the updates in XML files bundled in the zip. We have updated the ZIP package on our website and installed it on our demo board now. If you have already installed with version 1.3.2 please re-download it and upload the files, after which you will get the Upgrade button in the Admin Panel as well. After upgrading the issue should be resolved fully.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Updated the last package released

There was a bug in the package we have released recently because of which it did not include the bug-fix changes. If you have already installed with version 1.3.2 please re-download it and upload the files, after which you will get the Upgrade button in the Admin Panel as well. After upgrading the issue should be resolved fully.

Thank you!

Thank you for the report. There was indeed a bug in the package we have released because of which it did not include the updates in XML files bundled in the zip. We have updated the ZIP package on our website and installed it on our demo board now. If you have already installed with version 1.3.2 please re-download it and upload the files, after which you will get the Upgrade button in the Admin Panel as well. After upgrading the issue should be resolved fully.

Thank you!
I can see the problem has fixed, Then again, I have a feeling since it's just a guest post without recapture, it is possible to flood the DB with guest posts or perform a L7 DOS attack using a simple script?
Just have to keep submitting random data into that form without cookies?

I can see the problem has fixed, Then again, I have a feeling since it's just a guest post without recapture, it is possible to flood the DB with guest posts or perform a L7 DOS attack using a simple script?
Just have to keep submitting random data into that form without cookies, isn't it?

Human verification was just disabled on our board. If enabled the field appears as soon as users activate the reply field:

Of course, reCAPTCHA or any active HV system can be used, just like with registration. The product also has an option to skip the human verification check on registration, as the user has already successfully posted their post/thread meaning they passed human verification already.

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Is there a way not to see guest post that does not register in xenforo latest activity
because my latest activity is full of spam

Hello, @Biarritz64 !

there is a little bug
when you set the addon to post without any approval by moderator

I am not sure which setting you refer to. The product does not require any permission setup, it works by setting the post to be pending for approval, and approves the post automatically when the user is registered. Do you see the message mentioned before or after the user is registered?

Is there a way not to see guest post that does not register in xenforo latest activity
because my latest activity is full of spam

Please clarify if you are using the option "Keep Guest Content" or no. We will check your use case and implement an appropriate fix.

Thank you!

1 after the user is registered
the message is automaticaly post but user have the need for approval notice

2 no
but when guest or spammer write a message and they don't connect or register after. It is show in latest actiivity tab

1 after the user is registered
the message is automaticaly post but user have the need for approval notice

2 no
but when guest or spammer write a message and they don't connect or register after. It is show in latest actiivity tab

We are checking it now and will confirm here soon.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab
Can you make this an option
Another fix is related to SEO. From this version, guest posting will not be enabled if we detect the guest to be a search engine bot. The links to create a thread and reply to a thread will not be shown to Google and other search engines anymore, but if these links have been already indexed they may still be shown in the Dashboard. They will be removed as soon as the search engine re-indexes your pages.

If I understand correctly it will show something different to search engine than a guest. (Like cloaking?)
I desable reply th thread so I don't need that.
Thank you

@AddonsLab
Can you make this an option

If I understand correctly it will show something different to search engine than a guest. (Like cloaking?)
I desable reply th thread so I don't need that.
Thank you

Yes, basically it is cloaking, but the change is very minor and just hides links to some pages with forms (new thread, reply, quote etc.) from search engines instead of showing some additional content, so I don't think this can anyhow be considered as black hat SEO and therefore should not be anyhow dangerous for SEO of your website. We will implement the option as soon as possible, however.

Thank you!

New option: Guest username prefix

The release implements a new option to set the username prefix for random usernames generated during guest registration. If you let the posts from unregistered users to expire and delete automatically there is no need to change this option, but if you manually approve guest posts and make them visible you may decide to change it. By default the prefix is "Guest-" so the usernames used will be "Guest-xxxxxx".

A minor bug is fixed showing "Your content has been submitted and will be displayed...

Works on xf 2.1 or it is just for xf 2.0 version, like it shows on main resource adon page?

Top Bottom