Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)
@Yawn , the change mentioned above is implemented along with some other changes and improvements. Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab, I can't buy the addon.
I have the following error : There was an error checking your domain information. Please contact us to resolve the issue.

I used my xenforo domain & licence token, but it's not working.

@AddonsLab, I can't buy the addon.
I have the following error : There was an error checking your domain information. Please contact us to resolve the issue.

I used my xenforo domain & licence token, but it's not working.

Please make sure to enter Site URL just as you can see in your XenForo Customers Area:
Screenshot at Feb 26 21-57-17.webp

Please contact us at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php if you still have the problem and provide validation information, so we can validate the information manually.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab will all of your XF2 add-on versions need to be bought separately even if one owns the XF1 versions already? No discount or anything?

@AddonsLab will all of your XF2 add-on versions need to be bought separately even if one owns the XF1 versions already? No discount or anything?

Thank you for the question. The terms of XenForo 2.x update and discount are usually described in XenForo 1.x version of the product, if applicable. For one of our product, Link Checker we have promised at the time of releasing it to develop XenForo 2.x version and allow the upgrade from 1.x version for free of charge, as we, at that time, considered the product not to be too complex. With time the product has grown extremely large, and it took us a lot of time to upgrade it fully to XenForo 2.x, but we kept our promise and allow our customers to upgrade to 2.x version free of charge. For other our products we don't provide any discount in case of an upgrade, as developing a 2.x-compatible version is a quite time-consuming task and the sales we make hardly compensate or often don't compensate that effort. What we ensure, however, is that we provide 2.x compatible versions of our 1.x add-ons, even if we have some more priority add-ons to developed directly for XenForo 2.x, so our customers can rely on us when upgrading their board. And you can see this is true for both paid and free add-ons.

Thank you!

Just purchased the add-on, really liking it so far but have two suggestions.

1. Currently the add-on "allows guests to post threads even if they don't have permission to post in current forum". This allows guests to post in any forum theoretically, while the "Disable In Forums" field allows you to additionally specify sections that are restricted from normal members.

I feel it may be far more functional to have the guest ignore if they have permissions to post in the current forum, but also check if the 'Registered' rank has permission. If the 'Registered' rank does not have permission to this forum, neither should these guests as they won't have permission to post there, even if they register and are moved from 'Guest' to 'Registered'. For compatibility (such as if the default 'registered' rank doesn't exist) you could allow the administrator to configure which user group that 'Guests' should mirror the permissions of. Let me know if this makes sense or if you have any questions about the functionality I'm suggesting.

2. Is it possible for you to replace the 'Disallowed Email Providers' function with the 'admin.php?banning/emails' feature of XF2? It seems that this is a common place where most administrators ban e-mail providers, and given the thousands of temporary e-mail services, it would make more sense to use the built-in method rather than trying to actively maintain it along-side your add-on.

Hello, @Yawn !

Thank you for the purchase.

Thank you for the suggestions. The first suggestion has already been made before, and we worked on it, but we didn't implement it and used the text field option instead as checking if a user would be able to post as a registered user would require at least one marge query, that should be executed on each and every page, as in most of the pages we need to check the permission (for example, to decide if we show Post thread or Reply buttons or no). If this is, however, of a high priority for you (e.g. you have hundreds of forums which already have usergroup restrictions) we can work on such solution.

The second suggestion will be implemented soon. We will just add another option for you to choose (yes/no) if you want to ban all emails from XenForo ban list. We will update here soon with the implementation.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Using Banned Emails list

In this release, we have enhanced the product to use "Banned Emails" list automatically to disallow quick registration using these emails. The product still provides another option to ban emails specifically for quick registration, in case you don't want to ban that emails for registration in general.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Any chance we can get an option to direct the user to the login/register page once they click the post thread/post reply button?

My users can be a little slow and honestly might miss the notification at the top of the screen.

Also, I just logged in as admin1 and I'm still seeing the notice. It doesn't appear the thread was posted.

2018-03-07 16_56_29-XenForo 2 Demo - AddonsLab.webp

Hi there! :)

I was wondering if it is already or will be an option to disable the approval (posts by guest are immediately visible to the public - without approval by admin/moderator)?
Because the version of this addon doesn't suit my forums needs in some points.

-Xiomera

Thank you for the suggestions. The first suggestion has already been made before, and we worked on it, but we didn't implement it and used the text field option instead as checking if a user would be able to post as a registered user would require at least one marge query, that should be executed on each and every page, as in most of the pages we need to check the permission (for example, to decide if we show Post thread or Reply buttons or no). If this is, however, of a high priority for you (e.g. you have hundreds of forums which already have usergroup restrictions) we can work on such solution.
Can you please look into an implementation of this? Perhaps instead of checking guest permissions, you could check registered permissions. You can use the current field for ‘disable in forums’ to prevent guests from posting in certain forums, fulfilling the functionality of the guest permissions in its place. This is just an idea, perhaps you can find a better solution with more thought but I can’t see an operatable way for large forums such as ours to reasonably use this add-on with the current method of handling permissions.

Hi there! :)

I was wondering if it is already or will be an option to disable the approval (posts by guest are immediately visible to the public - without approval by admin/moderator)?
Because the version of this addon doesn't suit my forums needs in some points.

-Xiomera

Can you please clarify the use-case when you would like the post made by a guest to become visible immediately? XenForo itself has permissions to allow the guests to post content, and you don't need our add-on for that. The meaning of our add-on is to promote the users to register on the website, and not just post content as guests and leave the board. Keeping the content posted by guests invisible prevents spamming the board. By the way, just in case you missed it, once the user registers, of course, the add-on activates their thread and makes them publically visible (unless you have moderation rules that force the thread to stay moderated, like forcing moderation for registered users, forcing moderation when the thread has URLs in it etc.).

Please let us know your thoughts and we will see how the best to implement what you need.

Can you please look into an implementation of this? Perhaps instead of checking guest permissions, you could check registered permissions. You can use the current field for ‘disable in forums’ to prevent guests from posting in certain forums, fulfilling the functionality of the guest permissions in its place. This is just an idea, perhaps you can find a better solution with more thought but I can’t see an operatable way for large forums such as ours to reasonably use this add-on with the current method of handling permissions.

Sure, we will try to solve this is a way that will not affect the performance too much. Unfortunately, XenForo loads only Guest permissions if a user is a guest, and it simply does not load registered user permissions. Doing a query on each and every page to load these permissions as well is not advisable.

We will work on it and update here once we come up with some working solution.

Thank you!

Hey. Trying to buy this add on. I tried two different credit cards and a PayPal account...

Failed to authorize: Authorization Failed

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: content not assigned to user account after login

This is a bug-fix release that solves a PHP error occasionally logged in Server Errors. We have also reproduced an issue with publishing the post made by a guest in case the guest logs in after creating the thread instead of registering.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have the latest update installed but I still see posts that need approval - even after the user has an established account. Is there any way to pull up a list of posts that are still awaiting moderation? I have a feeling a lot of posts are never getting published...

I have the latest update installed but I still see posts that need approval - even after the user has an established account. Is there any way to pull up a list of posts that are still awaiting moderation? I have a feeling a lot of posts are never getting published...

We have contacted you via ticket to troubleshoot the issue further. Please update there.

Thank you!

Top Bottom