Guest Posting by AddonsLab

Guest Posting by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($24.99)
AddonsLab updated Guest Posting by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix: Quick thread form is not visible on home page for guests

This version fixes the compatibility with Quick Thread add-on developed by us. When installed together, the Quick Thread prompt would not appear for guests on the home page.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After the update I had to disable the plugin. This is the error I'm receiving and I cannot open any discussions with it activated...

Error: Call to undefined method AddonsLab\GuestPosting\Library\GuestSession::disableGuestThreadsIfExcluded() - library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php:34
Generated By: User, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace #0 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(182): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->assertForumValidAndViewable(11, Array)
#1 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(37): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/stingerforum/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State array(3) {
["url"] => string(76) "https://website.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-exhaust-discussion.11/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

After the update I had to disable the plugin. This is the error I'm receiving and I cannot open any discussions with it activated...

Error: Call to undefined method AddonsLab\GuestPosting\Library\GuestSession::disableGuestThreadsIfExcluded() - library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php:34
Generated By: User, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace #0 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(182): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerHelper_ForumThreadPost->assertForumValidAndViewable(11, Array)
#1 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(37): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#3 /home/stingerforum/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/stingerforum/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State array(3) {
["url"] => string(76) "https://website.org/forums/engine-drivetrain-and-exhaust-discussion.11/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thank you for the report, it seems the updates were not included due to some issue in the build process. Checking right now.

Thank you!

Hey. What does this error represent?

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'guest_content.content_id' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By auser, Today at 3:22 AM
Stack Trace #0 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#1 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#2 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#3 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...', Array)
#4 /home/public_html/library/Snog/CountryFlags/Model/Thread.php(68): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#5 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(673): Snog_CountryFlags_Model_Thread->countThreads(Array)
#6 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(221): XenForo_Model_Thread->countThreadsInForum(20, Array)
#7 /home/public_html/library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(37): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#8 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#9 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State array(3) {
["url"] => string(69) "https://website.com/forums/some-discussion-thread-at.10/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
["direction"] => string(4) "desc"
["prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
["country"] => string(2) "DE"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

Hey. What does this error represent?

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'guest_content.content_id' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By auser, Today at 3:22 AM
Stack Trace #0 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#1 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#2 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#3 /home/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...', Array)
#4 /home/public_html/library/Snog/CountryFlags/Model/Thread.php(68): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne('\r\n\t\t\t\tSELECT CO...')
#5 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Thread.php(673): Snog_CountryFlags_Model_Thread->countThreads(Array)
#6 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(221): XenForo_Model_Thread->countThreadsInForum(20, Array)
#7 /home/public_html/library/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(37): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#8 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): AddonsLab_GuestPosting_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#9 /home/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State array(3) {
["url"] => string(69) "https://website.com/forums/some-discussion-thread-at.10/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["order"] => string(14) "last_post_date"
["direction"] => string(4) "desc"
["prefix_id"] => string(1) "0"
["country"] => string(2) "DE"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

The error seems to be impossible to happen using default XenForo installation and our add-on installed and should be result of some other add-on not using XenForo coding standards properly. Particularly, the error would happen if some other add-on extended the class "\XenForo_Model_Thread" and override the method "prepareThreadFetchOptions", but instead of calling the parent class and operating on the result the add-on seems to execute its own code only. If you suspect any of your add-ons to cause it please disable it in admin panel and check. The error would be there only when viewing thread list as a moderator/administrator.

Please let us know if you need our further assistance.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: compatibility issue with [TH] Most Liked Posts add-on.

This release fixes the compatibility issue with [TH] Most Liked Posts add-on.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

New option - Keep Guest Content, SEO fix

This version implements a new option to keep guest-posted content instead of removing it automatically. This option is useful for the boards, that get useful guest content but have high rate of users not ending up with registration and email confirmation. If the option is enabled, admins gets full control over the content posted, see it in the moderation queue in in forum/thread as a moderated post and can approve it manually instead of waiting for users to register. If an admin approves a...

New option - guest username prefix

The release implements a new option to set the username prefix for random usernames generated during guest registration. If you let the posts from unregistered users to expire and delete automatically there is no need to change this option, but if you manually approve guest posts and make them visible you may decide to change it. By default the prefix is "Guest-" so the usernames used will be "Guest-xxxxxx".

This version also adds rel="nofollow" attribute to New Thread and Reply links using...

New option - guest username prefix and XenForo 2.1.x compatibility

The release implements a new option to set the username prefix for random usernames generated during guest registration. If you let the posts from unregistered users to expire and delete automatically there is no need to change this option, but if you manually approve guest posts and make them visible you may decide to change it. By default the prefix is "Guest-" so the usernames used will be "Guest-xxxxxx".

The release is also compatible with XenForo 2.1.x version.

The new version is...

@AddonsLab ,
what I´ld really like to see would be an optional feature, where guest posts can set to be visible without registering for up to 24 hours and - if the guest doesn´t register - will be soft deleted by a cron (best: before the sitemaps get generated) and hard deleted every x-days. Is this somehow feaseable? (I know this is not recommended, but I´ld like to give it a shot to see how this could improve my forums)

Wouldn't you open yourself up to incredible amounts of spam?
Without antispam-services, most likely. But since the same services and additional add-ons applying to the registration form - which for me are blocking almost 99% - will be available in this too, I wouldn´t be to pessimistic, that the benefit outweighs the risk to attract more spammers. Just because they don´t made it through the reg-form yet. The few spammers which succesful registered first, were real humans.

Last edited:
@AddonsLab ,
what I´ld really like to see would be an optional feature, where guest posts can set to be visible without registering for up to 24 hours and - if the guest doesn´t register - will be soft deleted by a cron (best: before the sitemaps get generated) and hard deleted every x-days. Is this somehow feaseable? (I know this is not recommended, but I´ld like to give it a shot to see how this could improve my forums)

The process described is completely possible to implement, however, it is considerably different from the implementation now and requires a large update in many parts of add-on's code, and therefore the implementation should be done carefully and should be well tested. This is not a feature most of the customers would be interested in, so we can't work on it with a high priority, but we will definitely consider implementing it when we get a chance.

Thank you!

Will this plugin work like this?

Will this plugin work like this?

Yes, it is very similar to the XenForo 2.2.x feature "Writing before registering". Check the product description for more information on how the plugin works.

Top Bottom