Guest Posting by AddonsLab

Guest Posting by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($24.99)
Any status update please?

Not yet, unfortunately. The reason for this is the change in our approach to developing the add-ons to test-based approach, where practically every line of the product is tested automatically using PHPUnit tests. Sometimes the lines of tests written are even more than the product itself, but we would like to keep developing using this approach to improve the overall quality of our add-ons. This means longer development time both for initial versions and changes you have requested, but better stability and good code quality in general, which eventually will make it easier and faster to develop new features being sure we do not introduce bugs in the code already tested and working in production.

I can't provide an estimate for the release date, but you cant be sure, we are doing our best to release the next release as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Just a FYI for folks who have Xon's User Essentials addon installed. In your Unregistered/Unconfirmed usergroup, you'll need to check "allow" for "[UserEss] Post Replies in Threads by Other:". Otherwise, you'll get a permission error when a guest tries to post a reply to a thread. :)

Just installed this, excited to see how it affects registrations!

Found an issue: We have some forums (Classifieds) where users must purchase an account upgrade and be assigned to a certain usergroup, in order to post an ad. This add-on allows a user to circumvent this. As soon as they log into their account, the thread is posted regardless of their account status.

edit: A simple multi-selection of forums where this addon is active, would fix this :)

Last edited:
Found an issue: We have some forums (Classifieds) where users must purchase an account upgrade and be assigned to a certain usergroup, in order to post an ad. This add-on allows a user to circumvent this. As soon as they log into their account, the thread is posted regardless of their account status.

edit: A simple multi-selection of forums where this addon is active, would fix this :)

We will check this and provide an appropriate fix soon.

Thank you!

I think I found an issue also. Ever since installing this all my RSS feeds are coming in as unapproved posts. Same issue with the Birthday thread addon from Andy that posts from a cron job daily, all posts come in as unapproved. Kind of a big issue. @AddonsLab

I think I found an issue also. Ever since installing this all my RSS feeds are coming in as unapproved posts. Same issue with the Birthday thread addon from Andy that posts from a cron job daily, all posts come in as unapproved. Kind of a big issue. @AddonsLab

Thank you for the report. I see how this could be caused by the product. We will test these specific cases and limit the product to active guest session only and skip other automatized posters.

We are working on the next release of this product, that enables quick registration workflow using emails, will complete it soon and release with other fixes included.

Thank you!

Thanks a lot for the super quick responses. Let us know when you have an ETA as I realised I have a lot of automatic posters....

How's this coming along?

We are done with the development, but as it is a complete rewrite of product's core, we decided to spend some good deal of time on creating automated tests for the product using Behat framework. This allows us to automatize testing of every aspect of the product (different possible types of registration, posting thread or post etc) and make sure it works as expected before releasing. This is a bit time-consuming process, but ensures the better quality of the product.

We hope to finish creating all tests within 24 hours and will release the product then.

Thank you!

We are done with the development, but as it is a complete rewrite of product's core, we decided to spend some good deal of time on creating automated tests for the product using Behat framework. This allows us to automatize testing of every aspect of the product (different possible types of registration, posting thread or post etc) and make sure it works as expected before releasing. This is a bit time-consuming process, but ensures the better quality of the product.

We hope to finish creating all tests within 24 hours and will release the product then.

Thank you!

Great, thank you for the detail.

AddonsLab updated Guest Posting by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Quick registration workflow and other features

In this version, we have implemented the major feature discussed here - quick registration workflow. When the option is enabled, guests are asked to provide their email address instead of a username when they are trying to post a thread/post. Immediately after the content is posted, they will get an email address asking them to register to activate their content. They will, however, be able to register using usual links on your forum (and the links provided in the notification), but in this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update :)

I think it would be very interesting to see who registered through that method or how many. So somewhere a log or some stats.

Thanks for the update :)

I think it would be very interesting to see who registered through that method or how many. So somewhere a log or some stats.

I forgot to mention in the release notes, that you can see which user registered via quick registration when you edit the user in Admin Panel, right next to the join date you will see "via Guest Posting". We will consider the implementation of some overview page for admins to see how the plugin performs in general.

Thank you!

Top Bottom