Guest Posting by AddonsLab

Guest Posting by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.6.0

No permission to buy ($24.99)
AddonsLab updated Guest Posting by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Compatibility with XenForo built-in spam checking system

This version fixes the compatibility issue with XenForo built-in spam checking system. Previously, the product would activate the content and make it visible even if it didn't pass spam check at the time of creation. Now the content will remain moderated until moderators approve it. This should also work with other products that force moderated status for a thread or post created by a guest.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ya know what would really be great? The option to automatically reject guest posts based on email address. I'm getting a lot of guest posts from @mail.ru and the emails always bounce. Bouncing emails aren't very good for email reputation and it would be nice to have the option to avoid having them occur...

If this isn't already available in version 2 - you might want to think about adding it. I won't be upgrading the 2.0 for a while but I thought I'd mention it...

Ya know what would really be great? The option to automatically reject guest posts based on email address. I'm getting a lot of guest posts from @mail.ru and the emails always bounce. Bouncing emails aren't very good for email reputation and it would be nice to have the option to avoid having them occur...

If this isn't already available in version 2 - you might want to think about adding it. I won't be upgrading the 2.0 for a while but I thought I'd mention it...

Thank you for the suggestion, we will implement this asap and release here.

Thank you!

Disallowed email providers and other changes

Hello everyone,

In this version, we have removed the redundant "Name" field when a guest creates a reply/thread. The username field was not used anywhere and the user was asked to enter the username during registration. We have also reproduced a bug, which would cause the quick registration workflow not to work via full reply interface but would work via quick reply only.

We have also implemented an option for admins to disallow some email domains to be used during quick registration...

Using Banned Emails list

In this release, we have enhanced the product to use "Banned Emails" list automatically to disallow quick registration using these emails. The product still provides another option to ban emails specifically for quick registration, in case you don't want to ban that emails for registration in general.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or...

Bug-fix: content posted by guests not added to the moderation queue after registration

This is a bug-fix version which solves the issue with some guest messages disappearing from the moderation queue. The issue would happen when a post/thread by a guest is put for moderation by XenForo system, due to forum settings or anti-spam check. Now, these posts will appear in the moderation queue as soon as the user registers/logs in.

Thank you!

Hey. I don't see a way to upgrade through the Admin CP. Do you just "rebuild"?

Hello! No need to rebuild the caches. The change will apply only from the moment the upgrade was applied and any posts made later will follow moderation rules and be placed in the queue properly. The older posts, if any, will not be visible in the queue, unfortunately.

Thank you!

Hello! No need to rebuild the caches. The change will apply only from the moment the upgrade was applied and any posts made later will follow moderation rules and be placed in the queue properly. The older posts, if any, will not be visible in the queue, unfortunately.

Thank you!
Okay, so to install the update - it's okay to just upload the files - and that's it. Correct? :)

I guess what I'm asking is - how do I apply the upgrade? I don't see an option to upgrade in the Admin CP...

Okay, so to install the update - it's okay to just upload the files - and that's it. Correct? :)

I guess what I'm asking is - how do I apply the upgrade? I don't see an option to upgrade in the Admin CP...

Exactly. Product XML version is changed as well, but in this particular case, there is no need to re-import the XML.

Thank you!

Top Bottom