GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Is there (or maybe ll be) an opportunity to select product for sale from goods list? Like most marketplaces do...
Strictly speaking, this is not a "marketplace" add-on :P
But it will be possible to implement as a separate module but that's going to take time :)

It is possible to flter products by seller location?
How would you like it to work? We currently have one on our to-do list that includes a new tab in classified home and categories that says "Closest to you"...

Can you point me to a template file to modify the default currency? I know you are working on an add-on to handle this, but is there a way I can throw "gold" in the list?
Unfortunately this is currently hard-coded to the system. I will see what I can do...

Also, are there plans to integrate the gallery with XenMedia?
Yes, after the add-on gets a little settled (i.e. once it's almost all of its pending features are completed) :)

Lastly, is there a way to limit the number of images someone uploads based on the category?
You mean the gallery images? It's currently global but it will certainly be possible to make that a per category permission :)

Also, is there a way to allow the users to set a custom ad duration?
You will be able to achieve that by creating a custom date field and a little bit of custom coding :D

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Classifieds with a new update entry:

Fixed a major bug that prevented thread moderation and some minor improvements...

This issue was reported by @empire and @ichpen and has been resolved. :)

Other improvements include:
  • Added "Add Classified" in the sub-menu of the main navigation.
  • Added confirmation on closing a classified.
  • The random classified is now fully clickable: click anywhere and it will take the visitor to that classified.
Enjoy! :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

How would you like it to work? We currently have one on our to-do list that includes a new tab in classified home and categories that says "Closest to you"...

I can't speak for a.tushkanov, but for our forum, it would be nice to have some sort of general location filter. People in some countries have to pay high taxes if they order from overseas. They also worry about high shipping costs or damage during shipping if an item is in transit for a long time. They'd want some kind of country filter or just a general regional filter like EU/Asia/North America/etc.

I can't speak for a.tushkanov, but for our forum, it would be nice to have some sort of general location filter. People in some countries have to pay high taxes if they order from overseas. They also worry about high shipping costs or damage during shipping if an item is in transit for a long time. They'd want some kind of country filter or just a general regional filter like EU/Asia/North America/etc.
One thing that can be done is maybe add a select field in the "Filters" menu where the user can filter the classifieds based on the country.

Maybe some screenshot? :D
It could be like this:
c7e9ee7933.jpg

But we need to have a list of possible locations in ACP so seller could select it and then buyer to filter it. You can see above also quick links to reset&select all locations.

One thing that can be done is maybe add a select field in the "Filters" menu where the user can filter the classifieds based on the country.
Yes! just like that but with opportunity to add more subLocation in ACP so users could select it.
Country —> City. That'll be good enough :p

Last edited:
Yes! just like that but with opportunity to add more subLocation in ACP so users could select it.
How about I make your life a little easier? :p
Currently, the location is set via Google Maps so the city is automatically fetched by the API. What I can do is maybe fetch a list of available cities from the database (cities set per classified basis, already there) and show that?
So the list of available cities will automatically be maintained and you don't have to manually add them ;)

Suggestion, I think the item price is hard to find. I would like to see it next to, or under the item name and in bold..

How about I make your life a little easier? :p
Currently, the location is set via Google Maps so the city is automatically fetched by the API. What I can do is maybe fetch a list of available cities from the database (cities set per classified basis, already there) and show that?
So the list of available cities will automatically be maintained and you don't have to manually add them ;)
Cool. But i need it in Russian :D Maybe it's not a problem to choose which language to import?

A question for everyone: what things would you like to see in a kickass trader rating system?
Just some shots from the hip:
  1. When clicking the "sold" button, the add-on would ask you who it was sold to and a username could be entered.
  2. The buyer and seller then receive an alert requesting them to review the buyer/seller.
  3. Ability to report reviews/moderate reviews.
  4. Ability to create different review fields.
  5. Basic five star rating system with comments.
  6. Trader feedback profile page (showing average buy/sell ratings).
  7. Ability to restrict viewing, editing, providing ratings using the Xenforo permissions system.
  8. Ability to sort items for sale by highest rated seller.
  9. Show seller and buyer rating in the item description and next to the seller/buyer name in comments/discussions they post for classifieds.
Those are my initial thoughts...

Some quick ideas:

• option to allow feedback from outside the classifieds system

• for feedback about a classifieds advert, import the title but don't link to it. (in case it's deleted later)

• option to require text with feedback, not just a rating

• ability to set feedback viewing permissions separate from classifieds viewing permissions

• option for user to make a single response to feedback

• Ability for staff to moderate feedback

• Ability to associate a feedback thread. We use feedback threads now, so it would be nice to have a way to associate the old threads with the new system, since feedback threads can't be imported. A tab would be nice, but just a field for a link would do.

• Ability for a user to change their rating and add one update to their feedback comment without erasing their first feedback comment. For example, someone leaves negative feedback for not receiving the item. When they eventually do receive it much later, they can change it to neutral/positive feedback and leave a comment about it, but the original comment about not receiving the item would still be there.

When clicking the "sold" button, the add-on would ask you who it was sold to and a username could be entered.
The buyer and seller then receive an alert requesting them to review the buyer/seller.
I was thinking something like when the classified is being marked as complete, the system will automatically ask to review the second party. And once the rating is done, an alert will be sent to the second party saying that the advertiser has posted a review on him/her and to view it, he/she has to review the advertiser...

Basic five star rating system with comments.
I was thinking of +1/0/-1 system... but 5 stars can be done since I haven't started working on it :D

Trader feedback profile page (showing average buy/sell ratings).
There will be two tabs in the advertiser page: Classifieds from Mr. Goodie2Shoes | GFNClassifieds Demo Board one will be "Ratings" and the other will be "Classifieds".

Ability to restrict viewing, editing, providing ratings using the Xenforo permissions system.
ability to set feedback viewing permissions separate from classifieds viewing permissions
The permissions are already there... :D

Ability to sort items for sale by highest rated seller.
Noted :)

Show seller and buyer rating in the item description and next to the seller/buyer name in comments/discussions they post for classifieds.
The rating will be shown in the "About Advertiser" block in the classified view pages. Do we need to show the rating on the comment section for individual comments?

Ban User from classifieds, with to many negative Ratings
Something like add the user to moderation queue?

option to allow feedback from outside the classifieds system
In my list :)

for feedback about a classifieds advert, import the title but don't link to it. (in case it's deleted later)
I think there needs to be a link so if someone is reading a review he/she might want to view what the advertiser sold maybe by looking at the pictures and stuff...

option for user to make a single response to feedback
I have plans to allow discussions related to the rating...

Ability for staff to moderate feedback
In the list...

Ability to associate a feedback thread. We use feedback threads now, so it would be nice to have a way to associate the old threads with the new system, since feedback threads can't be imported. A tab would be nice, but just a field for a link would do.
Since the feedback thread is kinda specialized I think if I add custom fields support you will be able to use that to link the threads ;)

Ability for a user to change their rating and add one update to their feedback comment without erasing their first feedback comment. For example, someone leaves negative feedback for not receiving the item. When they eventually do receive it much later, they can change it to neutral/positive feedback and leave a comment about it, but the original comment about not receiving the item would still be there.
Hmm... gonna have to think about the workflow...

Mr. Goodie2Shoes updated GoodForNothing Classifieds with a new update entry:

Fixed issue with inline moderation of comments, minor improvements and style changes

Fixed an issue with the InlineMod model for classifieds that prevented inline-moderation.

Style changes include:
  • The price badge in classified list page has been moved away from the classified icon to beside the advert type badge. This is done to bypass the CSS issue of overflowing because of a long price tag.
  • Added username beside the comment date for the primary comments.
Improvements include:
  • The price now uses XenForo's Locale class for formatting.
  • The...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I was thinking of +1/0/-1 system... but 5 stars can be done since I haven't started working on it :D
A thumbs up or thumbs down option might be nice. It wouldnt really allow for average ratings, but you could see how many positive and negative reviews someone received. Sometimes ratings end up being binary despite five stars anyway. I mean, who wants to buy from the 1-3 star guys. I filter by 4+ stars usually when buying online.

The rating will be shown in the "About Advertiser" block in the classified view pages. Do we need to show the rating on the comment section for individual comments?
I think the about advertiser block is enough for the buyer to understand what type of advertiser they are dealing with .

As the advertiser, there also needs to be a quick way to see the quality of the buyers you are working with though. Maybe a parenthetical next to their name (4.5/5 for example) would help. There could be other ways though.

Thanks!

As the advertiser, there also needs to be a quick way to see the quality of the buyers you are working with though. Maybe a parenthetical next to their name (4.5/5 for example) would help. There could be other ways though.
The actual second parties will be contacting the buyer directly though, right?
So I planned to add the rating of the other party on the contact page. If you check the conversation as an advertiser, you will see there's a about XXX sidebar block showing the details (privacy filtered) of the "contactee" :)

The actual second parties will be contacting the buyer directly though, right?
So I planned to add the rating of the other party on the contact page. If you check the conversation as an advertiser, you will see there's a about XXX sidebar block showing the details (privacy filtered) of the "contactee" :)
That works well. At some point I'm sure there will be direct messaging taking place. I use forums for classifieds currently and people will often post their offers directly in reply to the thread. My forum classifieds also frequently act like auctions or negotiating rooms, hence that type of behavior. I think having the review in the sidebar information block associated with the PM is fine though because the final closeout of the sale will involve a PM, or should.

Once you have enabled the auction features in the future, it may be nice to have it displayed along with their bid... I know that is distant future, but I am already excited for the auction...

Last edited:
Ban User from classifieds, with to many negative Ratings
Something like add the user to moderation queue?

No, i thought if a user has more than e.g. 75% negative Ratings he would banned for a while (time can set in acp) from sell or buy classifieds. He can see all classified but if he want to do some action like buy or sell, he get a reminder that he has to much negative ratings. So maybe it is a learning process .. ;)

Top Bottom