GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

On a unrelated note, I'm just wondering if there is a roadmap or anything for future releases? This mod is absolutely fantastic and a central part to my site that has worked great in adding new members. I have some suggestions to try to make it a little better though.

• Watermarking! I need this so bad is unreal, I'd imagine other users will also need/want this feature too.
  • Ability to turn on/off social media sharing icons you select (note, I've added this option in manually)
  • Get rid of the "attachment" feature completely. Use the Gallery option only. Or even better get rid of the "Gallery" and use attachments only, but display attachments how the gallery currently displays.
  • Multiple feedback off one item. Frequently I have users selling more than one of the same item, but they can only leave feedback to the first buyer, or ultimately create new classifieds for everyone one. (real low priority)
  • Sort by custom field. For example if I require a field and it has 4 options, A, B, C,D. Users should be able to click one button and easily sort all the listings with option A associated it with.
I really, really look forward to the future development of this modification. If it was possible to know whats coming and whats not so I can plan some custom development as well.

Thanks a bunch.

There are few problems with this, I blame TT for most of them, but some of the classifieds need a little reworking Adding the full classified info into a separate thread shouldn't be all that hard. Its already pulling the snippet, I'd imagine it would pull the full text and a price.

And if price/description change?

Adding the full classified info into a separate thread shouldn't be all that hard. Its already pulling the snippet, I'd imagine it would pull the full text and a price.

That's the solution I'm hoping for. Perhaps a setting to show all or part of the Classified Ad content in the auto generated thread would be a possible solution. Actually, is there ever a need to not show the entire ad in the auto-generated thread? I can't think of one.

That's the solution I'm hoping for. Perhaps a setting to show all or part of the Classified Ad content in the auto generated thread would be a possible solution. Actually, is there ever a need to not show the entire ad in the auto-generated thread? I can't think of one.

As pointed out above the main issue is that ads change and change often. Prices particularly are often revised. You're not going to have an addon dynamically parse and revise a post every time a change is made.

But, the addon changes the state of the auto-generated thread to closed when the ad is closed right now. I assumed that the content of the thread was populated from the database table containing the info from the ad - and so it would change automatically when the ad changes. What happens now to the auto-generated thread when the member changes his description in the ad? I haven't tested this.

As pointed out above the main issue is that ads change and change often. Prices particularly are often revised. You're not going to have an addon dynamically parse and revise a post every time a change is made.
a solution could be auto-post a new message if the ad is modified

But, the addon changes the state of the auto-generated thread to closed when the ad is closed right now. I assumed that the content of the thread was populated from the database table containing the info from the ad - and so it would change automatically when the ad changes. What happens now to the auto-generated thread when the member changes his description in the ad? I haven't tested this.

The thread doesn't get updated. I'm not sure it's even possible to update the thread and classified at the same time, but either way what really needs to happen is TT to support addons. Since threads aren't meant to be classifieds it would defeat the purpose of the classified system

.... but either way what really needs to happen is TT to support addons. Since threads aren't meant to be classifieds it would defeat the purpose of the classified system

TT will "never" support add-ons (they can't even keep up with supporting core features, such as 2FA). I'm just going to disable the classifieds node all together for TT users if no compromise can be found. That can easily be done via the ACP.

Last edited:
On a unrelated note, I'm just wondering if there is a roadmap or anything for future releases? This mod is absolutely fantastic and a central part to my site that has worked great in adding new members. I have some suggestions to try to make it a little better though.

• Watermarking! I need this so bad is unreal, I'd imagine other users will also need/want this feature too.
  • Ability to turn on/off social media sharing icons you select (note, I've added this option in manually)

• blaj blah blah
You can not worry about watermarks now for classified listings. I've been able to create this with another addon and some custom coding to get them to work together.

Screen Shot 2016-04-01 at 10.32.42 PM.webp

Next up, i'm working on a more touch friendly/mobile "listing" style display. If anyone has any layout suggestions/improvements let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Hi,

It would be great if you could add this feature:
  • Percentage on sales, selectable by category: admin gets a commission on sales

Best regards

Next up, i'm working on a more touch friendly/mobile "listing" style display. If anyone has any layout suggestions/improvements let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Here is a little preview of the more mobile friendly change. This is probably only about 30% completed for what I have envisioned.
Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 2.38.59 AM.webp

The featured classifieds get a different colored info area.

And I may just change the entire layout to this as it looks pretty nice imo :DScreen Shot 2016-04-05 at 2.41.48 AM.webp

Hello Everyone,
Now that my finals are done, I can go back on working to release the first gold :D

My current target now is to create importers for the add-on, make it more stable (if you still have some issues, please do let me know as I might have missed).
No new "big" or "medium" features will be added for now. A couple of "small" features might get added.
I'll get back to every unanswered posts tomorrow. Gotta get some rest now :sleep:

Thanks for the support! (y)

I would like to remove the price feature from "Wanted" classifieds on our site.
When you are looking to buy something, there is no need for a price (unless it is what you are willing to pay).

Is there a way to remove the price option from the classified listing ?
( I looked, but could not find it.)

My second request is for paid work to change this, and I mentioned it before.
We need to be able to charge fees dependent upon the user group of the user- a different fee per user group.
(Cumulative single rate for members of different groups)

Donors- 2% of listing price
Actives who aren't donors-3%
Newbies who are' donors-5%

How much would this cost?

You also need to add another option for an "Up front" listing fee.

Users can circumvent the fee by simply selling the item in a PM or by telephone, and the forum gets nothing.
It has already happened to us.

Charge the users a fee up front. Payable at the time of the listing.
Then, if they sell elsewhere, you have your money.

Top Bottom