GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Alright that worked :) But now we obviously don't have the overlay when you create a paid classified (so you have to click activate every time).

Yeah, that would be because browsers disable redirection through JavaScript's click event for security reasons, which is used to automatically load the activation form once an advert is created.

I wanted to note that regarding sold/closed listings -- I would like them to stay forever in some type of archive. This would be good for SEO as long as they are clearly marked CLOSED or SOLD in large print on the ad and ad listing.

Hi, I have been watching this topic for a long while now and was planning on buying this add-on when finished, but I do have one question.

Can you have it ”Automatically Create Thread in Forum:" in a selected forum when a new classified ad is created? That is usually a standard option most add-ons like this have say with the resource manager for example or with other ones like some of the calendar/events add-ons.

I looked through the screen shots you posted, but I don't see where that option is. This is a mandatory thing, at least for me. It might be there, but I cannot tell. I have an existing Classifieds forum and I want any new listings to keep appearing there if I install this add-on.

Thanks

Last edited:
Mr. Goodie2Shoes
I have a new problem. I have the 1.0.0 Beta 10 currently. I have not used it for awhile and just came back to it recently, and noticed "Create Classifieds" tab button is gone. Not anywhere, so I cannot create any new classifieds.

I am logged in as admin with full privileges. Please advise.

@RSI as @bt012ss has mentioned, it is possible to associate a forum node with a classified category, so when a classified is created, a new thread will be created in the forum and associated with the classified. You can see this is in action in our demo. :)

@T Money If I remember correctly, there might have been some kind of conflict which prevents the button from showing up in the classifieds home. Can you see the button in the category view (clicking one of the categories from the category list)? Can you directly access site.com/classifieds/create?

New features planned for next RC?

My big list:

1. Clean up ad completion workflows - as discussed plentifully above (this would include the whole feedback mandatory dilemma)
2. Filters for locations etc would be up there too for me

But I'll let you have your say @Mr. Goodie2Shoes :)

When is support for vendor and location based classifieds planned? I can play with this addon but not use it active because some features are missing.
I really think its going to be great when its done!

We have this Classifieds set up to create a new thread when a Classified is added - but we're seriously thinking of turning that feature off.

The reason is, it doesn't create a FULL thread. It creates a thread with "part" of the information in the Ad and a link to click for More Info. When you click the link it takes you to the classified ad in this Classified application. We don't find that very helpful.

We had hoped that by using the Create A New Thread option that our mobile App users (Branded App supplied by Tapatalk) would be able to visit the Classifieds forum. Because they cannot visit the Classifieds application via the Mobile App. But since they don't get the entire ad - AND - the link for more info just takes them back to the Classifieds Application, which as I said doesn't display in the Mobile App it is a worthless feature.

If it could be set for the ad to be viewed entirely within the thread then it would be very useful. As it is, we tell our Mobile App users to switch to their mobile browser to interact with Classifieds.

classified.webp

PS. In the Mobile App (BYO Tapatalk) when you click the "read more" link you are taken to some complete unrelated thread - because the App cannot display this Classifieds Application.

Last edited:
TT does the same thing with a Resource, and probably for the same reason. TT gets completely confused with pretty much anything related to any addon. the /me addon doesn't work, XFMG doesn't work, nothing good works with TT.

I realize that TT is not setup for this - not trying to say that it should be. Just that if the entire ad was inserted into the auto-made thread that our Mobile App users could interact with it in the actual Forums.

PS. In the Mobile App (BYO Tapatalk) when you click the "read more" link you are taken to some complete unrelated thread - because the App cannot display this Classifieds Application.

There are few problems with this, I blame TT for most of them, but some of the classifieds need a little reworking Adding the full classified info into a separate thread shouldn't be all that hard. Its already pulling the snippet, I'd imagine it would pull the full text and a price.

Top Bottom