GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

The latest upgrade has fixed the errors I was getting. Thanks.

I would like to pay to have this modified so that only one fee package per user based upon the user's usergroup displays, instead of a few packages based upon all the usergroups that the user belongs to.

How many here are actively using this resource in a live website right now - especially a large and busy site??

I'm starting to amass a lot of completed, closed, deleted and sold ads and am wondering the best way to manage all these ads.

Hi thanks. We have 120,000 members and probably 200+ classifieds. So, as you can imagine these closed and completed ads are mounting up. I'm not seeing any way to remove those kinds of ad enmass. Am I missing something? I know I missed all the various setting options at first and had to have those pointed out to me. Maybe there is more Classifieds Admin options that I'm not aware of????

Hi thanks. We have 120,000 members and probably 200+ classifieds. So, as you can imagine these closed and completed ads are mounting up. I'm not seeing any way to remove those kinds of ad enmass. Am I missing something? I know I missed all the various setting options at first and had to have those pointed out to me. Maybe there is more Classifieds Admin options that I'm not aware of????

I thought they were to close when the item was sold.
We don't have that many ads, so I have not experienced this yet. Will let you know.

The "expired" ads show as "sold" on my Classifieds and they are visible to everyone;

http://www.tdpri.com/classifieds/?closed=1

Plus, expired and deleted and closed ads have a funky text descriptor in the list view that gets word wrapped about 2 letters wide. It seems this part of the ad was made of the Grid view and it doesn't work right in the List view. Here's a screen shot - you'll see the "For Sale" banner is overriding the EX PI R ED vertical wording- and there is some kind of clock icon there too.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 9.28.39 AM.webp

Last edited:
Plus, expired and deleted and closed ads have a funky text descriptor in the list view that gets word wrapped about 3 letters wide.
I guess it's related to the custom theme, I am adding the fix for this. But for now, what you can do is add this css rule in your EXTRA.css:
Code:
.classifiedListItem .iconKey span
{
    color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;
}

So, as you can imagine these closed and completed ads are mounting up. I'm not seeing any way to remove those kinds of ad enmass.
I am thinking of an archive system to tackle this issue. But at this moment, if an advert is closed or marked a complete it shouldn't be listed on the classified list pages by default.

Thanks so much G2S! I appreciate that. Any word on doing automatic or manual deletes of closed, expired, or sold work via the Admin CP? We need something that cleans these things up in a group. We have far too many to do this manual per individual ad.

I am thinking of an archive system to tackle this issue. But at this moment, if an advert is closed or marked a complete it shouldn't be listed on the classified list pages by default.
What about expired and closed? These are showing to everyone including those not logged in.

Screen Shot 2016-03-28 at 9.38.17 AM.webp

These above are closed ads - and the view is for someone not logged in.

Upgrade this addon every time wondering if the errors I reported are fixed but sadly disable it again seeing they are not.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate you issue, and I did sent you a PM asking for further details and access so that I can investigate the issue, which you haven't replied to.
Paid packages are working now it seems though still issues with Stripe under paygates (not loading the js + button)
I think it's related to how external css and js are loaded by XenForo and how Paygates displays the form. Maybe disable ajax load for your case?
Also please please add multi-currency support, at the very least get the enabled bd paygates enabled currencies and use that for your list.
Unfortunately Paygates has hard coded which currencies can used by which processor. The commerce add-on I am working on will allow you multiple currencies (the classified add-on is already made to support multiple currencies). Since it's hard coded in Paygates, I had to limit the usage for classifieds to prevent errors.
Hello, i have update lates version but guest still canot post new classifieds. Require login to post.
As I have mentioned earlier, guest posting will not be supported in the near future, apologies.

These above are closed ads - and the view is for someone not logged in.
Closed ads will be shown to anyone if it's explicitly filtered from the filter menu.
Any word on doing automatic or manual deletes of closed, expired, or sold work via the Admin CP?
I don't have any working mechanism to handle that. I do understand that it's a required option. I'll see what I can do and will get back to you on how this can be done :)

Closed ads will be shown to anyone if it's explicitly filtered from the filter menu.

I don't have any working mechanism to handle that. I do understand that it's a required option. I'll see what I can do and will get back to you on how this can be done :)
Thanks G2S I appreciate your diligence and willingness to keep developing this resource. It's vastly better than the current alternatives and getting better all the time. Keep up the good work.

I think it's related to how external css and js are loaded by XenForo and how Paygates displays the form. Maybe disable ajax load for your case?

Unfortunately Paygates has hard coded which currencies can used by which processor. The commerce add-on I am working on will allow you multiple currencies (the classified add-on is already made to support multiple currencies). Since it's hard coded in Paygates, I had to limit the usage for classifieds to prevent errors.

As I have mentioned earlier, guest posting will not be supported in the near future, apologies.

Thanks for the response.

I didn't think disabling ajax was an option and if it is wouldn't that impact the entire forum given a lot of XF is ajaxified? I know paygates is not your addon but unfortunately you know have a dependency on it so it's like the child you never knew that's asking you for money. :)

I would definitely prefer if you can disassociate your addon from paygates (as you did originally) as it seems that if Classifieds doesn't support paygates currencies or paygates payment methods (other than standard paypal) there's really very little benefit to relying on it (at least from an end user perspective). If you have your own payment processor/handler then much rather have that. Currently however it's a bit of a gap. In the interim would you be willing to at least provide an array of static currencies (global or per category or per package) to at least allow users to list in their home currency? I'm talking without much in the way of validation, filtering or payment processor support.

I didn't think disabling ajax was an option and if it is wouldn't that impact the entire forum given a lot of XF is ajaxified?
I was only talking about the activation form only :P

I know paygates is not your addon but unfortunately you know have a dependency on it so it's like the child you never knew that's asking you for money. :)
I get your point. But the first feature everyone asked for is to allow "paid" packages, so for fast deployment I went with Paygates since my add-on is not yet ready.

I was only talking about the activation form only :p

I get your point. But the first feature everyone asked for is to allow "paid" packages, so for fast deployment I went with Paygates since my add-on is not yet ready.

Alright let me know how that's done for your form.

Alright let me know how that's done for your form.
Edit the template classifieds_item_view_sidebar and search for:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link classifieds/activate, $classified, 't={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}" id="ClassifiedActivateLink" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase activate_classified}</a></li>
and replace it with:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link classifieds/activate, $classified, 't={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}" id="ClassifiedActivateLink">{xen:phrase activate_classified}</a></li>

Edit the template classifieds_item_view_sidebar and search for:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link classifieds/activate, $classified, 't={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}" id="ClassifiedActivateLink" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase activate_classified}</a></li>
and replace it with:
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link classifieds/activate, $classified, 't={$visitor.csrf_token_page}'}" id="ClassifiedActivateLink">{xen:phrase activate_classified}</a></li>

Thanks, I'll give it a go and see if we have a working stripe paygate without the overlay.

Top Bottom