Good host for unlimited database

Andy.N

Any suggestion for US-based host that offer a barebone plan that allows an unlimited database?

I have a 100+GB database of historical time series which I like to put on a server and allow access to my developers who will write programs to read the data.

It does not need to have a web interface, CPanel or such.

Most web hosts don't allow using a website account for data storage. Also, there is actually no such thing as "unlimited" storage.

i think you confuse with filestorage which is what most hosts forbid, plainly storing files on public_html with no webhosting content for purposes like backup or fileshosting service etc.

i dont think andy claimed theres unlimited storage, only unlimited database, if he said unlimited webspace then thats a different story. Andy probably want a host that offers non restrictive amount of database instead of restrictive since andy probably has several database and assuming increasing too and dont want such limitation.

Andy: if you are looking for shared host i dont think ive seen non overselling host that offers 100gb space.
Most web hosts don't allow using a website account for data storage. Also, there is actually no such thing as "unlimited" storage.

Any suggestion for US-based host that offer a barebone plan that allows an unlimited database?

I have a 100+GB database of historical time series which I like to put on a server and allow access to my developers who will write programs to read the data.

It does not need to have a web interface, CPanel or such.

Your best bet would be to pick up a cheap VPS and assign your disk space do that the database has access to it.

You could try a shared 'Unlimited' plan.

While it may or may not violate their terms of service, if you have a limited number of developers accessing it via IP then that might work.
If/when the host complains or takes your site down then you could go to a different host and re-upload.

Or an uber cheap dedicated server, then the host would not complain.

Can't you run an Amazon Storage instance with MySQL with "unlimited" space so to speak? Just asking, I'm not famliliar with AWS

Limited storage, but unlimited DB? Really? Doesn't a DB use "storage"? It's all "data". My host tracks my storage and I guarantee that 99% of it is my database.

Thanks everyone. I google "unlimited database hosting" but most of the hosts I have never heard of.
I know most hosts link the database to their disk space that's why it's a bit tricky to find it.

I ask this because I have a problem I want to solve. I want to share a huge database with a group of people. So instead of asking each one to download the 1oo+ GB of data and install a local server on their machine, put it online would make coding much easier.

Luke,
I mentioned US-based hosts but I won't be choosy if there is nothing ;)

Ah yeah missed that. Hard to beat OVH's Kimsufi lineup for pure value, though they are completely unmanaged and have next to no support and no SLA.

Top Bottom