• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Good host for unlimited database

Andy.N

Any suggestion for US-based host that offer a barebone plan that allows an unlimited database?

I have a 100+GB database of historical time series which I like to put on a server and allow access to my developers who will write programs to read the data.

It does not need to have a web interface, CPanel or such.

grant sarver

Most web hosts don't allow using a website account for data storage. Also, there is actually no such thing as "unlimited" storage.

maidos

i think you confuse with filestorage which is what most hosts forbid, plainly storing files on public_html with no webhosting content for purposes like backup or fileshosting service etc.

i dont think andy claimed theres unlimited storage, only unlimited database, if he said unlimited webspace then thats a different story. Andy probably want a host that offers non restrictive amount of database instead of restrictive since andy probably has several database and assuming increasing too and dont want such limitation.

Andy: if you are looking for shared host i dont think ive seen non overselling host that offers 100gb space.
Most web hosts don't allow using a website account for data storage. Also, there is actually no such thing as "unlimited" storage.

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Any suggestion for US-based host that offer a barebone plan that allows an unlimited database?

I have a 100+GB database of historical time series which I like to put on a server and allow access to my developers who will write programs to read the data.

It does not need to have a web interface, CPanel or such.
Your best bet would be to pick up a cheap VPS and assign your disk space do that the database has access to it.

Dean

You could try a shared 'Unlimited' plan.

While it may or may not violate their terms of service, if you have a limited number of developers accessing it via IP then that might work.
If/when the host complains or takes your site down then you could go to a different host and re-upload.

Or an uber cheap dedicated server, then the host would not complain.

grant sarver

Limited storage, but unlimited DB? Really? Doesn't a DB use "storage"? It's all "data". My host tracks my storage and I guarantee that 99% of it is my database.

Andy.N

Thanks everyone. I google "unlimited database hosting" but most of the hosts I have never heard of.
I know most hosts link the database to their disk space that's why it's a bit tricky to find it.

I ask this because I have a problem I want to solve. I want to share a huge database with a group of people. So instead of asking each one to download the 1oo+ GB of data and install a local server on their machine, put it online would make coding much easier.