GiveBackWorks

Jon W

Waindigo is pleased to announce the release of GiveBackWorks new website, which makes extensive use of the XenForo software, at http://www.givebackworks.com/.

The XenForo website has been very heavily modified for this site by Waindigo. It includes separate area sites, custom homepages, a live news feed ticker, company profiles, a social media publisher, a fully integrated invoicing system and much more.

The style was created by Audentio Design.

Looks like a regular website but running in xenforo. Awesome. I think the navigation needs a little more clarification though because I wasn't sure where to go. I had to study the page for awhile.

Looks like a regular website but running in xenforo. Awesome. I think the navigation needs a little more clarification though because I wasn't sure where to go. I had to study the page for awhile.
Thanks. Perhaps the navigation is confusing because you were looking for a forum though? I don't think that's what the average visitor of this site would be looking for.

I think the site is amazing. Great job !

Here's a few random things I felt in the first impressions.

I really liked the "Activity Feed". :)

givebackworks.com.suggestions.webp

From the flyer:

Benefit from a listing on a search engine optimised
website that will drag your own website further up the
search engine rankings

drag ? that sounds negative.
how about: replacing: drag your own website
with: move your website.

(own isn't needed).

I think the site is amazing.

Here's a few random things I felt in the first impressions.

I really liked the "Activity Feed". :)

View attachment 30815
Thanks for your feedback. That is really helpful, especially the 404 error that you found.

Your suggestion about the Categories is an interesting one and not one that we had considered. I do completely agree with you about there being too many and this is something that we discussed with the client at length and this was the best we could come up with, although it is far from perfect.

Things like the search engine are definitely going to be improved, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think actually this may be the best answer to the above problem and that the categories drop-down is only really going to be appropriate for just browsing and for the areas that are just getting going.

Also, the help section is going to be populated with a number of videos which are being produced as we speak.

Yeh, and I'd take debug mode off or at least hide the footer details from non-admins.

Agree with the help section. Good for a forum, not so good for a main site. Perhaps a page for the rewards card? A page on how to get started and join? Pricing perhaps could go in there, as can testimonials, and who to contact to get enrolled.

There are bits and pieces that can be improved upon, such as perhaps making the members page look more like a directory and less like a listing with useless information on the sidebar (such as highest posting members). Needless to say, we could come up with stuff like this all day, but this is one of the best xenforo jobs I've seen yet. Very well executed.

Top Bottom