General 2.3 discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you two crossed paths.;)
It's true, but sometimes when I edit a post, unfortunately, with the browser's automatic translation enabled, it strangely translates the post I'm editing as well. So, only after hitting send, I realize that the post is no longer in English. Then I have to rewrite, translate it again, and send it in English. It's frustrating, especially when doing it on a mobile phone, and also because if you don't do it, @Paul B puts you on the blacklist. In other text editors on different websites, the browser's automatic translator doesn't automatically translate the content I'm writing; this only happens in xenforo. When I have the time, I'll post a suggestion. Those who use the translator like me understand how annoying it can be.

Single feature this week.

Is that a sign?

Single sign on?

Single feature this week.
Thread and resource Custom Fields search and filter? Dare to dream a little dream?

dream a little dream 80s GIF

Oh come On, give us a Sign of this Single feature?

Jokes aside, it would be really great if XenForo could act as an OIDC provider :)

This is why people like you are going to be taking everything seriously.
I take pretty much all things seriously... had to do with over a 1/2 a lifetime of a job that regularly involved death/maiming.
Generally use to folks using sarcasm to use the /s designator, but some peoples history you can't tell as the same fluff flows from their fingers.

I've seen your forum and you have way too many thread prefixes, so i'm going to take a guess that you have a stack of addons that you won't need.
And this very statement of "fact" tells me odds are you weren't joking around. Those prefixes use zero add-ons, just what are built in. The only add-on specific to them is that allows them to be grouped above the nodes (another feature that should have been built in IMHO).
I remember, you think 250 nodes (most empty) look better than fewer nodes with specificity.
Now I do wish that custom thread fields would get mirrored to XFMG when set to mirror from a node. Just a simple extension of what exists that would be nice. Probably will have to engage an outside developer for that as I don't see it happening with core XF.

Last edited:
I feel like this is never going to happen. Custom fields overall! Just for @Bob s sanity if anything 😂😁
It better happen lol.

we're excited to share a couple more surprises with you, which will include an overview of the latest enhancements in XenForo Resource Manager, Enhanced Search, and Media Gallery 2.3.

There are hints at enhanced search improvements so here's hoping. 🤞🤞🤞

There are hints at enhanced search improvements so here's hoping.
ES being able to search the custom fields would be really nice if it can be narrowed by the fields.
For the way I'm using them, you could then search based upon scope type, camera and filter(s) applied.

What'll be the migration like from 2.2 to 2.3 in terms of template modifications? Will the system catch and notify of required edits? Sorry if asked, no time to read all posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom