Add-on Gaming platform login icons

Maxxamillion

When creating a custom field i would like to be able to have people enter there gaming ID for their consoles of choice and have it appear in the post bit like the image below.

7a5Grhp.png

would like to have it so when you hover over it, it shows that users gaming ID. I know there is a gaming one similar to this in resources but its way outdated and the PlayStation one doesnt work in it. Is it possible to do this or has someone created something similar we could work with... many thanks

i think many gaming forums would be interested in such things, even if it was a paid addon at a reasonable price once finished i would pay for it

I use custom user fields that are shown on the postbit, hovering over the icon shows the name. The links to Xbox.com and steam work but could never get the PSN one to work.

profile.webp

But is there a developer that actually wants to dig into this? And make it paid available afterwards?

@Steve F Possible to get even more details out of that mouseover? Stats perhaps? Or are the XBL/PSN/STEAM etc api's closed for accessing that? I mean it's nice what you already have, but would be interested in even more detailed info for each member that chosed to have this on his info.

Btw, since PixelExit is already in process of creating a custom style for me... Steve can you talk to Russ and check if something like I mentioned above is possible, and take a decision on adding it to my work, and get back to me how much that will increase the cost.

Then make it available for all users.

It would be nice to have that feature, it would require a good amount of programming though. But each icon will open a new window leading whoever clicks it to the users profile, be it Steam, PSN, Xbox and Twitch. Origin does not have public profiles so that is the only one that doesn't lead anywhere except the users profile page.

Everything is pretty much done, just need to maybe add some options. If you guys think the Origin icon needs replaced with something better let me know.

So what you suggest, is that if someone click the icon of one of the gaming icons, they will be sent directly to the profile site of that user? And not just some extra window being overlayed with mouseover? Just to get that clear for my self.

@Steve F can you pm me the cost you think it will be? or via pixelexit custom case I already have?

The only thing I can think to add is maybe a YouTube one also, because YouTube is just as big as Twitch for gaming videos.

Yea I thought about that also but will have to see how I can link it correctly.

So what you suggest, is that if someone click the icon of one of the gaming icons, they will be sent directly to the profile site of that user? And not just some extra window being overlayed with mouseover? Just to get that clear for my self.

@Steve F can you pm me the cost you think it will be? or via pixelexit custom case I already have?

It will be free :)

Yes icons are linked to the referring site profiles, no overlays.

@Steve F Ok, the free part is really nice. Question though; could it be possible with overlays? If needed? And then you can click on the overlay certain icon or profile to get to the actual profile page?
And the direct will open in a new window? Not routing you away from the forum you already are on?

Yes I'm sure some would be possible, it would be a matter of pulling the service in to display it. Currently I'm a bit busy to delve into that right now though.

Top Bottom