Facebook Login - Platform Term 7.e.i.2

webbouk

I got this violation notice today from FB regarding our log in app....

Platform Term 7.e.i.2

Platform Terms 7.e.i.2: You or your App has violated or may have violated these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies or is negatively impacting Platform, other Facebook Products, Platform Data, or people who use Facebook Products;

1679346193196.webp
Does anyone have a clue what they mean and more importantly how to lift this restriction?
Everything has been working fine up to now

Delving into it further, it appears they want an answer to the following:

If the purpose of your app is similar to other apps you manage, please provide the following info for each app:
1. App ID2. A description of how you use the app

To which I've responded:

The app is used to allow visitors and members alike the option to log into the ourwebsite.com website following registration as a member of the website using their Facebook log in credentials.
An example can be seen here: https://www.ourwebsite.com/forums/login/

Just over week later and I got this reply from FB:
If anyone has any idea what the violation is using the default XF 'Connected Accounts' I'd appreciate it

Violation response decision for ForumLogin
We have reviewed your response to a violation for ForumLogin. Unfortunately, this app is still in violation of our Platform Terms and Developer Policies and has been restricted as described below:
Platform Terms 7.e.i.2: You or your App has violated or may have violated these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies or is negatively impacting Platform, other Facebook Products, Platform Data, or people who use Facebook Products;

Some violations may result in app deactivation.
App admins can view feedback from the reviewer and respond again to resolve the issue. Follow the link below to find feedback for this violation on the “Required actions” page.
Thank you for your cooperation to keep our platform safe.

The full document can be found here:

The relevant section quoted is this:

• 2. You or your App has violated or may have violated these Terms or any other applicable terms or policies or is negatively impacting Platform, other Meta Products, Platform Data, or people who use Meta Products;

It is so vague that there is nothing to work with that I can see. The App in use has been in use without change or modification for nigh on four years

Well, over two weeks now since my last communication with Facebook and still no answer or response from them.
We noticed a drop in post traffic initially from when they initially disabled our log-in app but the post traffic started to climb back up again after a couple of weeks. I disabled the 'log in with Facebook' option a week ago rather than have people try to use it and get directed to a FB page to say there was an error with our site/forum!

Top Bottom