Add-on Gaming platform login icons

Yes I'm sure some would be possible, it would be a matter of pulling the service in to display it. Currently I'm a bit busy to delve into that right now though.

OK - no problem.
Please keep us posted when things slow down a bit. This add-on will be a must for most gaming forums, and there more options the better!

Thanks!

Steve this looks amazing so far, would it be possible to an a minecraft grass block for the minecraft ID also, i personally wouldnt use the twitch or youtube ones as i think keeping it just the gaming ID's would be awesome

Well it was easier than I thought it would be (y)

userprofiles.gif

Well so far the options are in the Style Properties for the add-on. Nothing real elaborate just simple check boxes. Still debating on a good way to allow more user customizable icons to be added. Trying to avoid having end-users having to edit templates to get what they want. :)

upload_2014-7-4_3-4-34.webp

@Steve F Question, will it be up to one and every user to enable this for them self? Seems to be the correct way to go, and not let admin/forum mods decide for the users. And maybe link those checkboxes on the profilepage for own editing, and let the users choose what to add.

@Steve F Question, will it be up to one and every user to enable this for them self? Seems to be the correct way to go, and not let admin/forum mods decide for the users. And maybe link those checkboxes on the profilepage for own editing, and let the users choose what to add.

Technically the icon will only show if the user has filled out the custom field :D.

This looks great. :)

@Steve F will this be usable on phones and tablets too where there is no hover? So if the icons are tapped on would they show the various gamercards? Also how will this work with responsive on narrow screens?

@Russ OK, that's really what I want/need as well. As long as this is totally controlled by the user him / her self, it should be good. @Steve F is there some screenshots you can show how this looks like from a user perspective?

Edit: spelling mistakes

@Steve F will this be usable on phones and tablets too where there is no hover? So if the icons are tapped on would they show the various gamercards? Also how will this work with responsive on narrow screens?

To be honest I haven't given it much thought. I think the best approach will be to disable the pop up gamer card on small screens. If I can find a good way to show the cards on a touch device I will add it, the hover effect is all CSS so it may be doable. Clicking the icon links will direct you to the users game profile.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/turbonizer

@Russ OK, that's really what I want/need as well. As long as this is totally controlled by the user him / her self, it should be good. @Steve F is there some screenshots you can show how this looks like from a user perspective?

Edit: spelling mistakes

Basically if you look at your contact details / identities in your account settings you will see how it will look. As Russ said, if the field is blank no icon will show until a user fills that field in. So you may have some users with 1 icon and others with more icons.

Definitely going to need to run some tests on the user name fields with so many different name options I'm sure there will be issues with some, so some admin / moderator attention may be needed. The service used for the PSN profile requires case sensitive usernames it seems.

I'm heading out for the holiday weekend, hopefully I can have this completed next week.

Steve this looks amazing so far, would it be possible to an a minecraft grass block for the minecraft ID also, i personally wouldnt use the twitch or youtube ones as i think keeping it just the gaming ID's would be awesome

I'm not real familiar with minecraft but is there a universal area to link to minecraft ids? Or would this be a one of solution you're looking for?

@Martok , I have toyed around a little with this but since I am inserting the info into the extraUserInfo area it is hidden in responsive by default in XenForo. So with that I came up with something else, not really what you wanted but it gave me the idea :). Also the cards themselves are a bit wide to fit in narrow screens so it would be best not to show them in responsive.

upload_2014-7-6_21-13-3.webp

I'm not real familiar with minecraft but is there a universal area to link to minecraft ids? Or would this be a one of solution you're looking for?
im not 100% sure if im honest you may have to look at www.minecraft.net ive seen post bit icons for minecraft before. Not sure it would need pop out like the rest as ive never seen a game card for minecraft, just a pop out with the username

could there also be a toggle to turn off the game card pop ups and just have the user ID show?

The card pop ups can be disabled, look at the option screenshot above.

As for the minecraft id, I will have to look at whether it can be linked to an external site.

The card pop ups can be disabled, look at the option screenshot above.

As for the minecraft id, I will have to look at whether it can be linked to an external site.

ohh sorry i missed that. Yes im not sure ive never seen an actual pop up for minecraft EVER so i would assume you cant link it direct to the MC servers, plus you minecraft stats change when playing a new game.

Top Bottom