Add-on Gaming platform login icons

Well I have hit a bit of a snag and short on time as well.

Custom fields can be created by a add-on but they cannot be exported with a add-on nor can the phrase associated with the custom fields be exported dependably. This makes support for the add-on considerably higher. Right now I am thinking of the best way to re-do some things in that area.

Also the services used for retrieving the Xbox achievements (Gamer Card) and PSN user profiles is hit and miss especially the Xbox service. I've noticed some pretty horrible page load times in thread_view because of it just trying to load 1 user, so I can only imagine what it would be like trying to load numerous users. I think the best thing is to not even have it load them in thread_view but rather have them visible in the profiles like so, as you can see I also added a field for a signature code for users.

upload_2014-7-17_0-32-6.webp

Also now that @Aayush is working a leaderboard for the 3 main gaming stats I'm just not sure whether to wait and see what can be done with his add-on since it will already have the user fields the same as this add-on. Beginning to think a tutorial on how to add the icons in the messageUserBlock is more adequate.

Well I have hit a bit of a snag and short on time as well.

Custom fields can be created by a add-on but they cannot be exported with a add-on nor can the phrase associated with the custom fields be exported dependably. This makes support for the add-on considerably higher. Right now I am thinking of the best way to re-do some things in that area.

Also the services used for retrieving the Xbox achievements (Gamer Card) and PSN user profiles is hit and miss especially the Xbox service. I've noticed some pretty horrible page load times in thread_view because of it just trying to load 1 user, so I can only imagine what it would be like trying to load numerous users. I think the best thing is to not even have it load them in thread_view but rather have them visible in the profiles like so, as you can see I also added a field for a signature code for users.

Also now that @Aayush is working a leaderboard for the 3 main gaming stats I'm just not sure whether to wait and see what can be done with his add-on since it will already have the user fields the same as this add-on. Beginning to think a tutorial on how to add the icons in the messageUserBlock is more adequate.

Would it not be possible to revert to the original idea and just have the username appear and not have it connected to the game cards would that not save load time plus all of the support you said it requires. They option to just show the icons on the post bit would be all that is needed with the username that the member enters

I'm actually waiting to see what the leader board addon does. Like I said in a previous post the custom user fields will be doing the same thing so no since reinventing the wheel.

Damn, the pressure's on me now :P
Got tons of work to finish this week, I hope I can find time to finish this asap.

BTW I am deploying a VPS which will scrap tons of PSN user data for like weeks before I release the addon, so that atleast we have some data to work with.

I am now using https://xboxapi.com for XBox data, so I guess there is Xbox One stuff available now. But that thing costs when you have more than 100 requests/hour. I haven't tested the API yet, but from browsing the docs, I see Xbox One data there.

This is how I am doing the one for True Born Gaming:
Proposal1.webp Proposal2.webp

From how we have it now:
postbit.webp

Glad to see someone is working on something though. I hate having to write against an API and then keep up with it.

For us it was more social icons and then Battlefield + Steam, doesn't exactly work for others because we don't do console gaming and its bad enough how slow I am. I wouldn't get something for consoles done for a long time.

upload_2014-7-3_1-59-58-png.77121

upload_2014-7-3_4-20-16-png.77125

upload_2014-7-3_4-21-3-png.77126

upload_2014-7-6_21-13-3-png.77359

upload_2014-7-4_3-4-34-png.77178

So you already have this almost done with the basic functionality that every gaming forum should have. I suggest you to release it because @Aayush might take a few months more to release his own add-on. What are you waiting for? Let allow people to decide whether to use your add-on or @Aayush's one but please don't hold the release more time... it's a core feature that every gaming forum must have!

Hope you can reconsider your decision of not releasing this one...

So you already have this almost done with the basic functionality that every gaming forum should have. I suggest you to release it because @Aayush might take a few months more to release his own add-on. What are you waiting for? Let allow people to decide whether to use your add-on or @Aayush's one but please don't hold the release more time... it's a core feature that every gaming forum must have!

+1000 release

Currently I do not feel it is suitable for release. Easy for you to say "just release it" but there is more to it than just "releasing" it...

As a gaming site owner myself these add-ons of course interest me. But better to have a great working and functional product than a crapfest because it was rushed and released early. Take your time @Steve F. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

As a gaming site owner myself these add-ons of course interest me. But better to have a great working and functional product than a crapfest because it was rushed and released early. Take your time @Steve F. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Totally agree!

And I do really look forward to this one and the Leaderboard from @Aayush

So, back at it now.. :)

I was able to get in contact with someone that offers really, really nice Gamer Cards and Linked Profiles! Will be more on that in the release. Also this will support SSL now as well Thanks to the Gamer Card author for adding that! Now some teasers..

gamer.gif

upload_2014-10-8_17-4-37.webp

Profile View - Gamer Card tab

upload_2014-10-8_17-5-53.webp

Things I want to do before releasing.

• Add icons to a sprite
  • Style Properties
  • Clean up some templates

Top Bottom