Game of Thrones Season 3

I thought episodes 6 and 7 were rather bland. Too much one on one dialogue, a lot like you would expect in a soap opera series. Season 2 had a bunch of build up, and then a tiny bit of actual war... They need to mix more action into every episode.

Yes 8 was much better. Tyrion absolutely and Sansa being a brave little virgin made her more interesting. The rest of King's Landing were all good well in character.
The fat boy in the snow did good. A relief to have no Jon Snow and the boring snotty girlfriend. Also Rob and Caite absent which was pleasant as they are dull.
Mother of Dragons ace with cute new devoted male.
The Hound on good form and thank heavens no boring torture scene with the grey bloke.
The Red Priestess stuff was beautifully crafted.

I'm beginning to think that all the flashes of naked female are done by the same one actress doing a body double - because the body shape and skin colour is identical regardless what the face is like. Weird.
One particular detail, a woman with extreme pale hair would not have brownish nipples: they'd be rose pink. Tut.

For all of us reeling in shock from the last episode here's two bits of fun - no spoilers all based on earlier series.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-problems-with-living-in-game-thrones-universe/
This one is a quasi- review which cruelly and delightfully highlights those weaknesses of the series I was half aware of but didn't like to think about.

http://www.weblyest.com/articles/view/537/page:1
This one is an amazing gallery matching cat photos to the main characters of GoT - they are exceptionally well selected for breed, pose, expression, , mood. A great giggle.

Anyone else disappointed by episode 10? Lots in the book that didn't happen :( At least the next season will be action packed!

Anyone else disappointed by episode 10? Lots in the book that didn't happen :( At least the next season will be action packed!

I can't watch it because there's a blackout on youtube and all the streaming sites - being UK my only other option is to buy a years contract with Sky I dont want for any other reason, or wait 6 months till HBO get around to releasing the DVD.
But finally in desperation I read a synopsis and yes it looked VERY disappointing so I dont feel so bad. Maybe the image of Daenerys at one point was good, and some other bits like Cersei and Jamie could have been good in an earlier episode. But nothing here looked like a grand finale.
I thought the stuff about Tyrion going apeshit would appear. I also think after the Red Wedding people needed something upbeat cheerful as balance.

Think I'm seriously going OFF GoT. Too much boring plastic nude bodies, bad sex scenes, violence is too frequent so it becomes yawn routine, boring boring torture, most of series 3 has been bland soap doling out titbits per episode.
I liked the generally complex characters not good evil stereotypes/ some strong women/ children have good roles/ intricate plot/ fantastic settings/ good use of magic not overdone not stereotype/ good analysis of religions.
But the bad distribution forcing illegal access treats us with contempt, and too many boring aspects. This last episode needed to be REALLY GOOD to balance out a poor 3rd series.

I actually thought it wrapped the season up quite tidily actually, and allowed for some pretty substantial character development ready for the next season (eg between arya and the hound, between the lanisters etc).

Though, your right, I feel as if they could do with adding 5 more episodes to a season... like dayum, 10 months until next one :(

I actually thought it wrapped the season up quite tidily actually, and allowed for some pretty substantial character development ready for the next season (eg between arya and the hound, between the lanisters etc).

Though, your right, I feel as if they could do with adding 5 more episodes to a season... like dayum, 10 months until next one :(

Good point re character development. I'm really enjoying all the Arya scenes, she plays it so well. I saw an interview with Maisie Williams last week and she is a typical giggly teenage girl - ie the complete opposite of Arya - so must be a good actress to pull off such a transformation. The scene with Jon and Ygritte was heartbreaking too! Never cross a wildling woman...

I wonder how they are going to structure the next series... there is a lot of stuff from A Storm of Swords that needs to be shown, and the next book (A Feast for Crows) only features stories from half of the characters. I wonder if the series will stay true to the books or follow a more chronological structure?

I wonder if the series will stay true to the books or follow a more chronological structure?
AFAIK the series has not hesitated to restructure the book sequences so far
- some pretty substantial character development ready for the next season (eg between arya and the hound, between the lanisters etc).
Yes that's part of a final episode but for me I want a definite helping of dramatic flourish in a finale.

I'm already ready for season 4

Season 3, episode 10 was a little bit of a let down, but I sort of expected there could be some character build up in the following episode. You after all can't have ever show filled with action pack adventure, you do need some story line and plot to add to the substance of the show.

And I think the production of Game of Thrones has a good even blend of that. One of the things that makes it so good. :)

Pooh Adam - if there had been more PLOT during this series I wouldnt have felt so much need for it at the end. The final episodes of 1 and 2 were great. They had definite EVENTS.

I've been reading up, and it looks like Season 4 will be purely for the rest of A Storm of Swords (ie the third book). There is a lot of action, can't wait :D

Top Bottom