Future Resource Plugins You Want To See Available?

surfsup

Times are changing, many other softwares are coming out with new things etc. but what would you like to see in some future resource plugins released here?

Seems like a lot of the same ol plugins just being released from other softwares, but what would be ground breaking to see happen in forum software your just dying to see happen?

A Profile page which users could design as they like.

There was a lovely feature like this on an old vb going back to 3.6 I think but it got dropped later.
1. You could move the blocks of your profile page around. As it is now there's a lot of good info hidden behind tabs. I hate that. I have a custom template that drags the Information stuff out front, and adds fields to the sidebar. But there should be more member choice.
2. You could add optional blocks. eg a selection of pics.
3. You could change the colours. There was an amazing small diagram thing that looked like the page. You clicked an area, got a popup colour picker, selected it, and it changed. If you liked it, you Confirmed.

There was a lot of debate about how a lot of these amateur designs looked awful! It was clear if the site was about design, or needed to be impressive in a businesslike way, this feature did not suit.
But for a strongly community based site it was wonderful. Members LOVED designing their own profiles. They also helped each other a lot generating personal links and discussion.
It made visiting someone's profile page a really individual experience.
Also of course it can be a reward for good members.

• Resource Manager by XenForo (This can easily be customized into a review system)
  • Navigation Manager (Nodes as Tabs is nice, but something better)
  • Extended Pages
  • Gallery/Media (Robbo seems to be on top of this)
  • Portal (Sorry Jaxel, but we need something better)

Blogs ..... LB Blog, XI Blogs, and "Better Blogs" still do not have it right. We need something that will scream "sexy" to traditional blog users.

Media Center = Both photo gallery and movie gallery in 1 single add-on under the same navigation tab
(think lord of the rings... 1 add-on to rule them all)

Top Bottom