Not What You Want to Hear: That Legal Case!

Gene Steinberg

I am very sympathetic to your cause, and I hope you'll prevail in the lawsuit from the publishers of vBulletin.

On the other hand, if the courts surprise you — and they can be unpredictable — how do you indemnify people who have invested in your product? Are they potentially liable in the event that the verdict goes against you, because they'd be using software that supposedly infringes on another product? Not to mention one that may never be updated.

Mind you, I'm not suggesting for a moment that you will lose. But I do want to start moving our forums to Xenforo starting with your 1.1 version, and I just need to feel better about the process.

Where's this stand (and forgive me if there's another tread on the subject that I've missed)?

I bought Xenforo as soon as I heard of the lawsuit. I haven't found a use for it yet but I'm sure I'll use it for something in the future.

In the meantime I hope it helps them fight the lawsuit. If they win I'll be happy knowing that I helped slap IB in the face and if they loose I'll still be happy knowing that I helped Xenforo and the guys behind it so either way it's a win. :)

just searching through the internet on VB and seems like this company receives one of the worst reputations amongst many companies.
Do you know of any other company which has a worse reputation than VB or IB ?

well, besides BP and Tepco......

I bought Xenforo as soon as I heard of the lawsuit.
Danny, can I quote that?
ali_097.gif

Top Bottom