Resource icon

Full Message Text Permission 1.3.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Full Message Text Permission - Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup

Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup.

Works with:
  • New thread
  • Reply to thread
  • New Conversation
  • Join conversation
  • Reply Conversation

Two permissions:
•Full message text notification emails (conversation)
•Full message text notification emails (posts/threads)

Thanks to @contrabass for the initial work for this addon.

Installation

I recommend using...

Read more about this resource...

Hello ! I have a question :
how do we select which usergroup can have full text and others not ? I did not see any selectable option apart from the conversation option. Is there a configuration file somewhere ?
Thank you

Hello ! I have a question :
how do we select which usergroup can have full text and others not ? I did not see any selectable option apart from the conversation option. Is there a configuration file somewhere ?
Thank you
There are two user group permissions added. The posts/threads one is under forum permissions.

Great idea.I had hoped that this would give a user of a Usergroup the option to choose whether to receive full text or not. We disable full text for security (emails in the clear, etc) but some of our members don't care and want full text. Not really a usergroup wide option for my use case. User pref would be great!

Great idea.I had hoped that this would give a user of a Usergroup the option to choose whether to receive full text or not. We disable full text for security (emails in the clear, etc) but some of our members don't care and want full text. Not really a usergroup wide option for my use case. User pref would be great!
You can implement this via a custom field, a user group with the permission and creating a user promotion that applies the usergroup when that custom field is set.

I then recommend my add-on User Promotion on Profile Update so user-group promotions run instantly when they change a custom field on their account.

You can implement this via a custom field, a user group with the permission and creating a user promotion that applies the usergroup when that custom field is set.

I then recommend my add-on User Promotion on Profile Update so user-group promotions run instantly when they change a custom field on their account.

Wow, that's pretty slick. instant promotions and also instant demotions with the check/uncheck of a box :)
This is perfect

Reactions: Xon
Xon updated Full Message Text Permission with a new update entry:

Feature update release

New features:
  • Always email watched thread notifications, instead of last visit.
    • Per-forum permissions.
    • Per-user opt-in.
    • User registration default.
  • Truncate message to a particular length instead of emailing the full text.

New Options under 'Full Message Text Permission':
  • Maximum message text length
    • In characters, Default zero, rounds to the nearest word less than the limit. Then renders to bbcode/text.
  • Allow always...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon, this add-on is great! We have it setup so only veteran members get full message permissions. However this creates one small problem. Our welcome message does not come through. Any proposed solution for this? It's great that you have included an option for warning messages to be allowed!

@upnet thanks for the interest, and that is a decent suggestion.

However I am currently focusing on my XF2 add-ons, and am not looking to additional implement functionality for my XF1 add-ons.

Top Bottom