1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Message Text Permission 1.1.0

Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup

1. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon submitted a new resource:

Full Message Text Permission - Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup

Read more about this resource...

eva2000 likes this.
  2. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

3. seven22

seven22 Member

Hello ! I have a question :
    how do we select which usergroup can have full text and others not ? I did not see any selectable option apart from the conversation option. Is there a configuration file somewhere ?
    Thank you

4. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

There are two user group permissions added. The posts/threads one is under forum permissions.

seven22 likes this.
  5. seven22

seven22 Member

Okay ! Thank you. Understood...

6. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

Great add-on. This should be part of the core!

maszd and Xon like this.
  7. eva2000

eva2000 Well-Known Member

@Xon :cool: how could I have missed this one !

kontrabass, MattW and Xon like this.
  8. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Great idea.I had hoped that this would give a user of a Usergroup the option to choose whether to receive full text or not. We disable full text for security (emails in the clear, etc) but some of our members don't care and want full text. Not really a usergroup wide option for my use case. User pref would be great!

9. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

You can implement this via a custom field, a user group with the permission and creating a user promotion that applies the usergroup when that custom field is set.

I then recommend my add-on User Promotion on Profile Update so user-group promotions run instantly when they change a custom field on their account.

eva2000 and melbo like this.
  10. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty slick. instant promotions and also instant demotions with the check/uncheck of a box :)
    This is perfect

Xon likes this.
  11. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Xon updated Full Message Text Permission with a new update entry:

Feature update release

Read the rest of this update entry...

eva2000 likes this.