1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Message Text Permission 1.1.0

Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup

1. Xon
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    php 5.6+
    MIT Licence
    Visible Branding:
    Adds permissions to include full message text in emails, per usergroup.

Works with:
    • New thread
    • Reply to thread
    • New Conversation
    • Join conversation
    • Reply Conversation
    Always email watched thread notifications, instead of last visit.
    • Per-forum permissions.
    • Per-user opt-in.
    • User registration default.
    New Options under 'Full Message Text Permission':
    • Maximum message text length
      • In characters, Default zero, rounds to the nearest word less than the limit. Then renders to bbcode/text.
    • Allow always emailing watched threads
      • Default off, as there is a minor performance hit due to extra decoding that happens regardless of if the forum supports always sending watched thread notifications.
    Two permissions:
    • Full message text notification emails (conversation)
    • Full message text notification emails (posts/threads)

These will override the "Include full message text in watched thread/forum notification emails." or "Include full message text personal conversation notification emails." options.

Option to always send emails triggered by warning conversations in full. Consider my other addon; Warning Improvements by Xon to always send emails when a warning conversation is created.

Thanks to @kontrabass for the initial work for this addon.

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or Install and Upgrade by waindigo to install this addon.

Contributing features or bug fixes
    Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact @kontrabass if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
    Related Resources:
    Warning Improvements by Xon
    maszd and eva2000 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Joe Link
    Joe Link
    Version: 1.1.0
    This is an invaluable resource written by one of the best XF devs out there. Rewarding people with upgraded memberships (by including the full conversation text).
  2. kontrabass
    Version: 1.0.1
    I obviously love this addon :) Including full message text in notification emails takes traffic away from your site. It takes away that initial click to read the post on your site (and the banner impressions), as well as the secondary clicks. BUT, your members LOVE getting the text in their emails you say. Yes yes, I know. Use this add-on, and all your premium members can get full message text, while everyone else must click through to the site.

Thanks to Chris D for the initial work on this, and Xon for finishing it up! Works flawlessly in 1.4.10.